Has Anyone Purchased/Assembled This Kit?

Arsnik

I found this on Ebay and then watched the guy's assembly videos on YouTube. The kit looks nice, seems easy enough to construct and has an operable bolt and collapsible stock. My only question was the durability. I emailed the supplier and he said that he has dropped testing it and the blaster was damaged on the 3rd drop but the damage was easily repaired. Has anyone purchased this kit and Trooped with it?

Storm Trooper Uber E-11 Blaster Rifle Model Hero Kit ANH Screen Accurate Replica

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

After 3 weeks I finished mine tonight, the guy also sells sound kits for it. Its very light weight. If you take your time with it, it can withstand alot when finished. Ive dropped it twice on concrete. And it only scuffed my paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by alexcaliburrito

On 7/9/2016 at 7:38 PM, zemzero said:

Does the plastic have ridges from the printing or did he do that acetone vapor thing to smooth it all out? I'd be interested but I wouldn't want the ridges to be showing and certainly don't intend to sand all those parts.

I have both the original (inaccurate) and the Uber versions.  They do require detail sanding on all visible surfaces, but that's the only hard part of the build.  I used gorilla glue to assemble mine and have trooped a few times with it.  I have the lights and sound kit on the Uber.  It's great for pictures.  I do NOT allow anyone else to handle my blaster.  It can easily be repaired with super glue but I'd just as soon avoid that.  This is not a blaster you kick around, throw into a bin, let kids play with...it's a display piece that can handle light trooping and picture ops easily.  It is not indestructible.

Pictures below are NOT photoshopped.  This is the light kit that can be purchased (recommended for coolness factor).

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I recently noticed that he'd updated the charging port to a more accurate location, in addition to the electronics. Still very fragile though. Don't want to drop it.

I have this kit. It's a ton of sanding and even then isn't the greatest and is really fragile. It's so time consuming I haven't even finished it. Can't imagine tripping with it.

Save your money and buy a hyperfirm if you're looking for something to troop with.

I was using the 3D coating to smooth out my gun, noticed how solid it was after a few light coats. I dropped it a few times by accident and nothing flew off of it after the coating.

Edited by alexcaliburrito

Go to since I already painted it a bit. Thanks a lot. This makes me feel better about making this into something troop-able.

I dont think the order of putting it on matters, you can still sand the coating and paint over it if you like, it works well either way.