CTID's RWA-ANH Stunt WIP...... 501st Here we go!

Those who know me, know that the last six months of 2016 have not been the best. However, I'm feeling stronger than ever, and thanks to the support I've had from my amazing lady Jo, the boy, and close friends (you know who you are!) Along with new friends I've met (who don't even realise that they've helped - and you have!) I begin an new chapter in my life starting tomorrow. Thank you all #excited!

Marc

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

So whilst others have been enjoying Telford, I had more work to do on my lid.

I decided to rip out all the old tech and start over.

Lined the lid black.

b5be6b8e777616d10e5d99ac400b45f0.jpg

962d09daee211e0f5d16c0ad950466fc.jpg

Then decided on a red theme for the interior detail.

22758084ec2e25866e9136641cd4ff7e.jpg

cba39914bc51a320a7229caa311a22fb.jpg

Next will be to install the wireless mic system

4ecd455051456af648aa16e6289adf2f.jpg

Hearing assist (with a little more modding)

08b165e625bc15619a20f36e9ff5af70.jpg

And then on to swapping out the fans for 5v ones

Marc

• Like 4

I've just been looking at wireless headsets. Ordered a TRamp system but they no longer have wireless headsets included. There seem to be loads of generic types and brands. Very confusing as to which one might work best!

I've just been looking at wireless headsets. Ordered a TRamp system but they no longer have wireless headsets included. There seem to be loads of generic types and brands. Very confusing as to which one might work best!

I've bought the same as Marc and I'm sure the TRamp system used the same as in Marc's pic . About 20 off eBay including post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've bought the same as Marc and I'm sure the TRamp system used the same as in Marc's pic . About 20 off eBay including post.

Does it work well? What sort of battery life does it give? I've heard a uni-directional mic is best, to cut down on feedback?
  • Like 1

Does it work well? What sort of battery life does it give? I've heard a uni-directional mic is best, to cut down on feedback?

Marc's probably the man to speak to about that. I haven't got round to setting my lid up yet.

• Like 1

Marc's probably the man to speak to about that. I haven't got round to setting my lid up yet.

Will let you know.. it comes charged, but I'm going to fit the rest of my gubbins and then test it. Both are usb charged and the kit comes with a split charger to charge both at the same time, which is good. Need to buy some of those plug sockets with USB chargers built in for all my gizmos!

Marc

• Like 1

On the last leg of the lid build now. Ive installed the mic and padding ( along with a custom cog ) so all that's left to do is trim down the bolts and fit the chin strap. Im quite happy with how its come out and how the interior looks. Just waiting for the wireless transmittter to turn up now.

b53837646b48318f54dfdebd63382a1b.jpg

For those interested, here is a pic of the computer nuts I used to mount the lenses along with how I did it

86b5c0972f8d2b55c755744aaf38a441.jpg

Along with the modelling clay.

10fd6d30b48dda011c16fb9b42b51379.jpg

Its a really simple job, but hard to put into words. I will try my best to explain !

1. I removed the face plate as this gave me more room to work, but I guess it can still be done without doing this.

2. I mounted the nuts (with the bolts already screwed into them to avoid any putty getting into the nuts) into a small amount of modelling putty and rolled them into small cylinders.

3. Once dry I removed the screws from the nuts and marked out where the were going to go in the lid, test fit them and then sanded down the bottoms until the lay flush with the eyes.

4. Once dry, then it was time to install. I mounted the sockets by using ca glue and then addad more clay to stick the socket to the lid and improve the look.

5. I then offered up each lense and marked the position of the top outside post. I then punched the hole for the first screw, fitted the lense and then tightened it up when I was happy of its position. Doing this secured the lense whilst I marked the other holes.

6. I then removed the lenses, painted the new mounts white. Once dry I took off the protective film and installed the lenses again.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

How are ya mate??

Trying your lense mounting adventure, but was wandering: what is the length of the nuts??

• Like 1

How are ya mate??

Trying your lense mounting adventure, but was wandering: what is the length of the nuts??

Am good brother! It all depends on which lid you've got. I used 10mm nuts. As long as they're small enough and lay flush with the inside of the sockets, you could always put some styrene tubing cut to length below the nut, mounted in resin putty....if that makes sense?

Marc

• Like 1

Am good brother! It all depends on which lid you've got. I used 10mm nuts. As long as they're small enough and lay flush with the inside of the sockets, you could always put some styrene tubing cut to length below the nut, mounted in resin putty....if that makes sense?

Marc

I've Got a RS full com ANH stunt Bucket.

Good good, it makes perfect sense. Coz my sockets are not that "deep" so i might be able to use normal nuts, with a small piece of tubing underneath it in the puddy I recon.

• Like 2

I've Got a RS full com ANH stunt Bucket.

Good good, it makes perfect sense. Coz my sockets are not that "deep" so i might be able to use normal nuts, with a small piece of tubing underneath it in the puddy I recon.

Rs... can't go wrong with them Stockport lads!

Marc

• Like 1

So whilst others have been enjoying Telford, I had more work to do on my lid.

I decided to rip out all the old tech and start over.

Lined the lid black.

b5be6b8e777616d10e5d99ac400b45f0.jpg

962d09daee211e0f5d16c0ad950466fc.jpg

Then decided on a red theme for the interior detail.

22758084ec2e25866e9136641cd4ff7e.jpg

cba39914bc51a320a7229caa311a22fb.jpg

Next will be to install the wireless mic system

4ecd455051456af648aa16e6289adf2f.jpg

Hearing assist (with a little more modding)

08b165e625bc15619a20f36e9ff5af70.jpg

And then on to swapping out the fans for 5v ones

Marc

What's the red material around the lenses?