CTID's RWA-ANH Stunt WIP...... 501st Here we go!

Strapping system pretty much done. Just need to replace the butt to kidney straps as the ones currently installed are too small and pull the butt over the bottom of the kidney plate..... elastic should arrive today

81eaf0475754b0d3b0c0367ebd914f0c.jpg

Waiting for the sniper plate to set, along with the dabs of e6000 on the knee ammo belt. Not far off my first suit up now.

Marc

• Like 1

Whist the glue was drying on my plates, I moved on to dying my boots.

Here's how they were before work began

c928176dd58a6fdf813c40659fbd17f7.jpg

This is the dye I'm using

113d999267fa65a9a97233e22b55f137.jpg

And here's the boots after about FIVE coats!

d09aa2a260837a37b34c2817940cb38d.jpg

Another couple and I'll be onto the elastic. Any suggestions as to what to use would be fantastic!

MarcBoots done.

57e0ba13a78139e31c06ec8486071e47.jpg

Marc

Edited by CTID

How on earth do you set these single capped rivets in the knee ammo belt once the thigh I'd assembled?!?!?

Marc

Try using a rubber mat, or a silicone oven mit on the corner of a wooden table. Then use a small size hammer and the back end of a larger size drill bit (round portion) to gradually open the centre of the split rivet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Try using a rubber mat, or a silicone oven mit on the corner of a wooden table. Then use a small size hammer and the back end of a larger size drill bit (round portion) to gradually open the centre of the split rivet.

Thanks for the suggestion mate! I'm using capped rivets on the knee belt. I managed to get them done yesterday (just about!) So secured them with the addition of some e6000.

Marc

• Like 2

How on earth do you set these single capped rivets in the knee ammo belt once the thigh I'd assembled?!?!?

Marc

This how I do mine, I found it a hell of a lot easier than using an hammer :)

Thigh%20bottom.09_zpsq9tvozkv.jpg

:)

• Like 4

Why is everyone talking about bifurcated / split rivets for the ammo pack when the originals used single caps? :blink:

I'm using 6mm single cap rivets, and finally managed to fit them. I'll post a pic tomorrow

Marc

• Like 2

I'm using 6mm single cap rivets, and finally managed to fit them. I'll post a pic tomorrow

Marc

Good on ya matey, nice to see someone getting it right B)

Whatever happened to this Glorious place,...it's like the blind leading the blind...sheeeshh!!! :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Whatever happened to this Glorious place,...it's like the blind leading the blind...sheeeshh!!! :rolleyes:

That's the thing... loads of advice, which is always appreciated. But what are the correct methods? I mean, I installed bicep clips (which as far as I'm aware ) is acceptable here for both stunt and hero builds, but only for hero in my Garrison (correct me if I'm wrong). It's not a big issue, but could potentially be an expensive mistake.

Could do with some help with the rear calfs though

I'm going with the bra clips

Marc

• Like 1

Always great to see one of our legends!

I tried to track down the proper rivets here in Canada as well, for two months, but to no avail so had to make do with what I could get here on the FISD.

Vader bless you for your stellar diagrams good sir, as they were an asset to my build!

• Like 2

Wicked progress on that ammo pack Marc - keep rocking it brother!

Cheers mate. I'm not too far off now and would love to be done for Halloween! I've got a couple of straps to swap out on the main torso and then it's ready for fine tuning the fitting. I'm onto the rear closures of the calf and want to use elastic. I'm a little concerned about getting them to close well, yet have enough elasticity to clip and unclip the into place. I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and go for it!

Marc

• Like 3

Cracking work mate. I really wanted mine finished for Halloween but with me ballsing up my thighs ain't gonna happen

Cheers Kev. My boy has been urging me to get on with it and finish it already, ever since he visited his old school kitted up in his tk. So I think we may be on guard at the gate ready for the trick or treaters.

Gutted for you mate. His Christmas present turned up the other day, so I've got the pleasure of another blaster build!

Marc

• Like 2

I need to fit mine I'm going down the same route I bought an Aker and using TKVoice on the iPhone.

I'm not an apple user so can't go that way . I have a wireless transmitter rigged upto my mic in my lid. That thing on the left is the reciever, and the phone is plugged into the auxiliary socket which plays background chat.

Marc

• Like 2