CTID's RWA-ANH Stunt WIP...... 501st Here we go!

Planning to downsize my amp case. Bought a Chinese amp with AM and FM radio plus mp3. It's a little to big so that's the first thing to get the ax!

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk

Will you be going wireless?
  • Like 1

Biceps need a tidy up. Shins front cover installed and ready for removal and fine sand of the lower return edge

bc18e44ac04d491cb859eef21bac5e06.jpg

Biceps complete 424dd6265ad335b8206ec979ae7867cd.jpgdeb30b012a93e947c8a16a51142be648.jpgb02e4ba2a1d2bf9294369a000c38873c.jpg

Marking out the cut lines for the sniper plate. I will square off the sides when preparing to fit.

66ff8d2e9ec204d032289d9239e9a17d.jpg

14f63ffeaa51beb16c650e3d621e762f.jpg

Marc

Edited by CTID
  • Like 2

Stellar deadly progress mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers bud! Everything's pretty much glued except the rear of the thighs and calves. Tomorrow I intend on sanding the returns down once the glue has set.

Stellar deadly progress mate!

Marc

• Like 2

So I'm sat there last night looking at some of the armour all clamped and setting, when I thought about how many magnets had jumped out of my hand and smashed (usually when they're doubled/ trippled up) due to me not being able to determine the positive and negative.

c5c94119906bfede366103561a20b767.jpg

I then remembered that I had seen some people using the fabric pouch method. I'm pretty much done with glueing the limbs and thought about going that way, and then remembered what I saw on another thread (apologies, I don't recall who it was ). So, I began wrapping masking tape around my magnets and as I began stacking them, I made a mark to identify which way they would stack.

3a9e1fc3ad717fda315528273d5ccfae.jpg

The other benefits to this are:

I have full flexibility in terms of how many I want to stack.

If any do leap out of my hand and break, then the tape should hold them in place.

Also this prevents the magnets scratching that lovely white armour

Marc

Edited by CTID
  • Like 4

Try and add a tape tab to the back, it can help get them off or at least it helped me.  Just add a lenght of tape too long but then join sticky to sticy so you have somethign to grab.

Can see some here:

24338466833_ff84dc88b7_c.jpg

Final glue up on right bicep by Christopher Pearson, on Flickr

• Like 3

Try using smaller diameter magnets. They function the same yet with less breakage because of the smaller surface. Larger will crack regardless however, with tape at least it will keep them in one place. my 2 cents

• Like 3

Try and add a tape tab to the back, it can help get them off or at least it helped me. Just add a lenght of tape too long but then join sticky to sticy so you have somethign to grab.

Can see some here:

24338466833_ff84dc88b7_c.jpg

Final glue up on right bicep by Christopher Pearson, on Flickr

Lol didn't even think of that. Something so basic and yet so helpful

Marc

• Like 4

Try using smaller diameter magnets. They function the same yet with less breakage because of the smaller surface. Larger will crack regardless however, with tape at least it will keep them in one place. my 2 cents

My FX build was using really big ones. Which, as you mentioned got smashed to bits ! What diameter do you use? I'm onto 20mm x 3mm which I've not lost any to breakage yet.

Marc

• Like 1

My FX build was using really big ones. Which, as you mentioned got smashed to bits ! What diameter do you use? I'm onto 20mm x 3mm which I've not lost any to breakage yet.

Marc

1/2" x 1/8" 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-Large-1-2-x-1-8-inch-Neodymium-Disc-Magnets-Super-Strong-Rare-Earth-Magnet-/251665625934?hash=item3a9870b34e:g:R5MAAOSwv9hW6aCf

• Like 1

I found the smaller ones didn't have enough pull to them but it might have been I just needed stronger ones.

I have around 20 of the 20x3mm ones and I think all are okay, I did chip a 10mm one though as they were too small to hold properly and slipped.

Edited by themaninthesuitcase
  • Like 1

I found the smaller ones didn't have enough pull to them but it might have been I just needed stronger ones.

I have around 20 of the 20x3mm ones and I think all are okay, I did chip a 10mm one though as they were too small to hold properly and slipped.

When you need more pull force you can double up the smaller ones

• Like 1

When you need more pull force you can double up the smaller ones

Thats what I did but means you need a lot more. And they are still fiddly.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Sorry I've not posted on my progress for a while. That's because there's been none. Been spending most of my time on the blaster forums whilst building my Doopy's which is pretty much done, and I'm really proud of the additions that I made to it. As from tomorrow I will be back focusing on completing my tk!

Marc

• Like 1

Well finally! Some progress on my TK! The strapping system is well underway now. Theres still some fine trimming to do which I'll box off once I've had a test fit. Now, here's how I'm thinking of completing the set up. My last build was full of the frustration of snaps not quite snapping once installed. This time I am gluing the snap plates down only after checking that the corresponding strap snaps work. I'm not going to glue the opposing snap plates down until the fit is right. Theres nothing more frustrating than having to move a snap plate or replace a strap for a better fit. Instead I'm going to attempt to have magnets hold the un glued snap until fitment is correct, then mark off and glue the plate. Does anyone have any other methods which worked for them?

c4375a9f1ad1c914443cf4ab11ced609.jpg

I've also semi completed the garter. The loops of the elastics are slightly smaller than the 50mm webbing. I've done this so as there is some tension, which will hopefully prevent them sliding around the belt. Once I have them where I need them then a dab of glue may hold them where they need to be.

367a3e2a8af87ae8747e8db4a481b551.jpg

There's also a srip of elastic at the rear to add a little tension and flex

c84581037030ca4b5fa81b6949e48e4c.jpg

Marc

My Wips...

http://www.ukgarrison.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61082

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/38021-CTID's-RWA-ANH-Stunt-WIP......-501st-Here-we-go!

http://www.ukgarrison.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60937

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/38731-CTID's-Doopy's-E-11-Build

• Like 2

Always great to see your updates mate! Temporary Velcro is also a good way to help fit your internal strapping .

The best way to do it is get help from a fellow trooper if you can.

• Like 2

More snap plates completed today, along with the split rivets on the ab, kidney and crotch. I was expecting them to be a lot tougher to install. But, after taking a few mm of each one and by using a cross head screw driver and hammer to split the legs it was done in a few minutes. After much pondering I decided to go with installing snaps on that side using the rivets to hold them in place.

a70d7fa2dec6f83a2dc84987d8d578ca.jpg

6081d425cf960ec643a8bcccf2302ded.jpg

Whist the glue was drying on my plates, I moved on to dying my boots.

Here's how they were before work began

c928176dd58a6fdf813c40659fbd17f7.jpg

This is the dye I'm using

113d999267fa65a9a97233e22b55f137.jpg

And here's the boots after about FIVE coats!

d09aa2a260837a37b34c2817940cb38d.jpg

Another couple and I'll be onto the elastic. Any suggestions as to what to use would be fantastic!

Marc

• Like 1