TK-Tom's Not So Excellent Adventure - ANH Stunt TK Build

TK-Tom

Hmm.  I used E6000 and Tandy Line 24 on Anovos, and didn't notice any warping.  I'll have to take a closer look when I have time; perhaps there is a small amount that was unnoticed?

K, you are EIB, is there much for you to do to become Centurion? Are you even considering Centurion? Just curious.

Edited by TK-Tom

Going back to 1 USB Power Stick for 2 fans to lighten the weight in the back of the helmet. That way, when I bend my head forward to look down, the helmet will follow me like it should.

Vo9R6Om.jpg?1

K, you are EIB, is there much for you to do to become Centurion? Are you even gunning for Centurion? Just curious.

Not much left to do at all.  One "big" (not that big but still) thing remains, to use ABS paste and remove the additional seam from my side shims.  I might tweak my helmet ears a little, just to reduce the gap, but that's not an essential task, just on the long term to-do list.

Once I have the time and energy (work has been busy as well, leaving less than the usual enthusiasm for large messy projects in the evening) to erase that seam, get my kit nice and polished up, and set up the backdrop to do another photo session, I'll definitely submit for Centurion.

Edit: Oh, and I need to glue the latex hand guards onto my black rubber gloves, but that's such a stupidly simple step it barely warrants mention. :)

Edited by kman
  • Like 1

I can now officially say that my build is completed~! Whoo Hooo. Now to polish up the armor for official submission pics in a couple days. Then onto my first troop Aug 20 - Star Wars night at Syracuse SkyChiefs MiLB game.

• Like 1

NOT SO FAST THERE BUCKEROO....

First you have to swim through THE .....

RING - OF - FIRE!!!!

then you can apply for approval.

Good luck bub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

RING - OF - FIRE!!!!

Good luck bub.

You're right, then he gets to visit me at the EIB and Centurion fun fest ah hahahahahahaha :laugh1:  

Just messing wit ya Tom   :peace:

• Like 1

EIB? Bring it! I am ready to be approved for EIB~

Centurion, not so sure about that. I should be all set, except one thing I do not have is the latex hand plates.

I submitted my app on the 501st website to notify my GML that pics will be forth coming. The only issue is I cannot take pictures until Friday or Saturday. I am heading up an Office 365 migration at work so i am pretty busy with that.

Should I have waited on the application? I got so excited, I could not wait  :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

RING - OF - FIRE!!!!

Good luck bub.

Oh man, whats the Ring Of Fire?!?! LOL

Edited by TK-Tom
  • Like 1

Tony, will this prevent me from EIB? The 3 exposed snaps, 2 on the butt plate and the non-functional AB plate snap all have "Tandy" on the exposed side. The ABS upper corner snap is covered by the Chest plate and the butt plate is not seen, but I don't want my EIB/Centurion shots to be blown over 3 snaps.<br><br>

If I have to replace, what should I use? Links to item?

I'd have to go back through your build but I don't recall seeing anything that would prevent you earning your EIB badge. Take a look at the EIB and Centurion submission threads and follow their lead. 

Better if they didn't say Tandy but the actual originals had the name of the snaps embossed on them in a surprisingly similar manner. They're all stamped "NEWEY".

I'm 99.99999% sure that's not going to prevent any EIB approval.

• Like 1

I MADE IT~ I cannot believe it. Garrison Excelsior

Next stop, EIB or perhaps even Centurion~ (I have my rubber hand guards on the way)

Hi Tom,

You have been approved!

I appreciate all of the photos, they make life much simpler for me. You should receive an automated email from the 501st soon, it will contain your TK ID#.

Thanks Tom and welcome aboard!

Tim

GEWo6vG.jpg?1

6GKCImL.jpg?1

There we go with the big photo...I resized it but still showing huge. Sorry about that.

Anyway, for EIB/Centurion I am going to retake all my submission photos. I want those puppies to be spot on perfect in every facet.

Congrats again, and welcome! :D

Be sure to post in the 501st access thread once you get your ID so you can get into the 501st areas. :)

Is this the proper thread title that I do this under? 

Newly Approved Members - Sound Off!