Inkedfritos686 ANH AM 2.0 build and journey

I had a similar problem and had to trim the notch at the top as well as some of the back top area.

What do you have to lose at this point!

Thanks a lot!! I followed those words of wisdom and I fixed it.

100a7deed09ef1dffef055321947bc6b.jpg

cac60414d626a433c192ed86a8370eed.jpg

Now just going to work on connecting the last bottom screw and the ear nightmare will be over. Thanks a lot SheaJeff and everyone who helped through this frustrating time. Your all awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just saw your other post and I'm trying to figure that out. I think since I trimmed a little to much off on the lower part, it won't meet the cheek perfectly. So I'm going to try and bring the Lower part of ear in more at the bottom. Hopefully this will close the gap a bit

Went ahead and worked on screwing in the bottom ear to close the gap as best I could.

d5d390862cc067c46f665b37aa404a8b.jpg

720e4fda20d0a76978d31e6ce1ebe8c9.jpg

I've seen pictures that the original helmets did have gaps in the ears. So I feel that I've done a pretty good job..hopefully. What do you guys think?

Put the lens in roughly to make sure everything fit. I made holes in the lens and attached it to the ear screws. 9e3fee5b7991a31fa4dbfde9fb4620b8.jpg

I also went ahead and put the hovi mic mesh in. Haven't glued them in yet. Does the inside of the mics have to be painted white?

fe56d6cc9c7b7a0aef554b5992e49cd3.jpg

They should be white on the inside, but I'm not sure how strict your GML will be with that. The edge can be black or white - what I did based on recommendations was painting the edge black and then using sandpaper to make the edges white, as this was often what happened with the mic tips through production.

Some kits come with the mesh pre-trimmed, some don't.

How did you put mesh in? Mine seems quite a bit bigger diameter than the tips.

If yours came like mine, they should be pre formed. All I did was squeeze the base of each one in a little. Just enough so it can fit inside the mic with a snug fit. Hope that helps

So I'm on the last stretch of completing helmet basically. I'm going to go back and paint ears later. I'm so close to finishing helmet. I can't wait to start on the main armor.

So for the tube stripes I put one side on so far.

875c4b410dbd3497d8d7ebb57a91116f.jpg

All 16 stripes fit on there. Only problem is when I went to look at other side...not all the stripes fit:/

I was looking on the costuming index and all it says is between 9-16 stripes. My question is do both sides have to have an equal amount or can one be 16 and the other 13?

So finally was able to have my friend come over and help with the fitting of firearms and the biceps. This is what I have so far.

20160729bdcf3ee72aaad2dea14e9bde757c8888

Biceps

17027b022de8a5709a32683757958a6d.jpg

Forearms

1f805ceabb1ca42bb26288cb0581dc60.jpg

Lower forearm

I think I'm going to remover the return edges on the top and bottom of biceps and remove only the bottom return edge of the forearms.

To get a nice snug fit but still be comfortable. The return edge on both biceps seems to be digging into my arms.