Knocks/bumps/marks...

AWOL

As you all know too well white plastic marks very very easily, so the question is what do you do about it?

Do you clean and polish all marks off before a troop? Or do you leave it on to make it look used or battle damaged?

the force? oh I'll use the force, bring me a hammer...

Tbh I would prob leave it as you don't look like a noob then lol battle damaged gives you a back story of fighting the rebel scum and victory for the empire

Move along, move along

• Like 1

As you all know too well white plastic marks very very easily, so the question is what do you do about it?

Do you clean and polish all marks off before a troop? Or do you leave it on to make it look used or battle damaged?

I've asked about it, since a scratch appeared on the chest plate. If there is any minor damage, a lot of the advice is to leave it. If there are marks on the pieces, you can get stuff designed specifically for freshening up your armour.

I usually give the inside a clean the day after a troop to get rid of sweat and give the outside a good polish, get rid of any marks and scratches, amazing how many colours you can find.

After a troop I always clean mine (inside and out) with Lysol wipes I keep in my kit, and they wipe off most scuff marks pretty easily.  But like Squaddiechef said, if you just leave them on there you look like less of a newbie lol.

• Like 1

I personally like looking shiny & new, so my kit gets a Novus polish (stages 1 & 2) after every troop.

So it's pretty much a mixed bag then, not sure how I'll go yet as I'm waiting on replacement armour from RS...

Will say clean is my gut feeling though...

I think scuffs and scrapes 'look' more authentic but I always end up cleaning them off the TK :D<br>

The shock trooper will be different. He started off weathered, so no cleaning-up allowed :)

Sometimes I have to ADD weathering because my cod piece tends to rub on my thighs. I think for TKs it all depends on the troop. If you're doing a parade or something where folks expect to see squeeky clean TKs then bust out the Novus, if not it won't hurt to go a few troops before polishing. Good thing about sandies is any scratches and what not just add to the armor!

The shock trooper will be different. He started off weathered, so no cleaning-up allowed :)

One of the advantages of being a Sandtrooper :) Love the dirty look!

Sandy's nor shock's factor into this as they're not accountable to the rigorous standards of death star troops

Sometimes I have to ADD weathering because my cod piece tends to rub on my thighs. I think for TKs it all depends on the troop. If you're doing a parade or something where folks expect to see squeeky clean TKs then bust out the Novus, if not it won't hurt to go a few troops before polishing. Good thing about sandies is any scratches and what not just add to the armor!

This seems to be about my way of thinking (so far but I'm fickle)

Thanks for your input fellas

I personally like looking shiny & new, so my kit gets a Novus polish (stages 1 & 2) after every troop.

I'm new here, and have armour that needs a good clean as it is second hand :) Which Novus polish do you use? I see there are a couple types - I want to make sure I don't screw my armour up before I get approved :D