Gun Bag?

DeathProof

Hey guys,

Just trying to find a way to transport my DLT. I'm leaving it attached, so at full length it's about 48inches. How do you guys transport your long blasters?

I've been looking at soft gun bags, keyboard bags, even ski bags, but haven't really had much luck for the dimensions. 

I made a towel bag, just folded a towel, stitched up one side and added a Velcro flap on the top.

• Like 1

I made a towel bag, just folded a towel, stitched up one side and added a Velcro flap on the top.

I need to make a gun bag too for my DLT. This sounds like a good idea. :) Thanks! 

• Like 1

Buddy of mine found this for me. Should fit the gun nicely: 

Correction. The bag isn't wide enough :(

I did manage to find a ski bag though that is a bit big, but fits the gun :)

Edited by DeathProof
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have you seen this one?

52" at $21.99 shipped. 

• Exterior size 52" x 9";Interior size 50" x 9"

https://www.amazon.com/Bulldog-Cases-Extreme-Scoped-52-Inch/dp/B004Y6ZAA6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468432876&sr=8-1&keywords=Bulldog+Extreme+Black+Scoped+Rifle+Case+with+Black+Trim

I may end up actually trying this since I need something for my DLT.

Edited by TRDNiteLife

be3d602a84c0defcdbe3ad708553ad9f.jpg

Another alternative is to strap it to your tote. If no bag Is available. Smetimes I use a big garbage bag to protect it from rain or snow. Hope this helps

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

I'm in an open carry state, so I just strap it to a bin. That said, I can see in many places a bag is better. Most folks seem to just get some cloth at Michael's fabrics and do a quick sew job with a drawstring or rifle bags like Andrew posted. I think Aaron's idea of a ski bag to add padding seem a good one for fragile weapons.

• 4 weeks later...

I found this at Gander Mountain.  It's for a "waterfowl gun" which is longer than a regular shotgun.  I carried my gun right into the store and tried it and it works great.

It fits the really long Hyperfirm DLT-19.  Unfortunately, it only comes in camo and not black.  I've search Amazon and Google Shopping, but they all seem to be camo colored. 

There's a guy in my garrison who makes them for $75 and will even customize it for you (PM me if interested).  I'm not sure I'm ready to spend that kind of money just yet; I'll probably try the homemade bag first.

Edited by SheaJeff
  • Like 1