Hyperfirm D-ring Installation?

CommanderZel

Hey everyone, I have a hyperfirm blaster and I have a D-ring, but I have no idea how to install it. I've heard that I should just drill out a hole in the D-ring holder, but then I don't know how to actually get the D-ring in. My thought was to use a craft knife to cut along the end cap wall down to the drilled hole to put the D-ring in, but I don't want to do something disastrous. Any tips?

I used two pairs of pliers. You can twist the open ends in opposite directions to open the ring enough to get one side on, insert it as far as you can get it into the hole you drilled, then "close" the ring by bending it back to where it started, and slide to the middle to center.

• Like 2

I used two pairs of pliers. You can twist the open ends in opposite directions to open the ring enough to get one side on, insert it as far as you can get it into the hole you drilled, then "close" the ring by bending it back to where it started, and slide to the middle to center.

This is exactly how I installed my D-ring on my hyperfirm.

Okay, I've discovered the reason that I didn't think to do that originally: My d-ring doesn't have a space, so I can't bend it to pt it through a hole. Would the suggestion be to just buy a different d-ring?

Edit: It might be helpful of me to include the fact that I have a trooperbay d-ring, which is completely closed.

Edited by CommanderZel

Okay, I've discovered the reason that I didn't think to do that originally: My d-ring doesn't have a space, so I can't bend it to pt it through a hole. Would the suggestion be to just buy a different d-ring?

Edit: It might be helpful of me to include the fact that I have a trooperbay d-ring, which is completely closed.

I used a link of lamp chain from Home Depot. Price: $0.50 for a foot (I have enough D-rings to outfit a squad or two!)

Just take a hacksaw to it and cut out a bit from the middle. :)

• 2 weeks later...

A question on the D-ring. I notice the one available from Trooperbay isn't actually D shaped, more of a squashed oval. I can buy an actual D ring from Home Depot for less than a dollar but is that ok? Does it need to be that oval shape? If so I suppose I can take the pliers to it and force it into the shape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A question on the D-ring. I notice the one available from Trooperbay isn't actually D shaped, more of a squashed oval. I can buy an actual D ring from Home Depot for less than a dollar but is that ok? Does it need to be that oval shape? If so I suppose I can take the pliers to it and force it into the shape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We call them D-rings, but as you have noticed they aren't really the shape of the letter D. You can see the shape the ring needs to be here..

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/image/3262-2dec3d90-fcfe-4ff8-83df-5c470a40e545-zpsdvuyfzpz/

As long as you find a ring in this shape you should be good. :)

• Like 1