Fieldmarshall build

fieldmarshall

True ,  but they are becoming harder to get ... the  guys i know in the gun surplus business are all running very very low... I am planning to use them on all my upcoming paintball guns and launcher builds .... I can make use of them in several other projects as well .. its a cool grip that no one really uses any more... Retro appeal

And yes i wanted to see if i could do it , the checkering has really become a crusade/challenge  .. 

Hi Chris,

why are you making grips also? They still can be bought for 20 bucks. 

Want to go under that price, or "cause i can"?

• Like 3

Just got some hengstler rear housing done,,,, cast in zinc just like the original!  They are almost indistinguishable /99.999 percent perfect ... \

I put some on ebay for all those who were waiting    

IMG_4439_zpspdjtvf7j.jpg

wow!

• Like 1

Found a few vintage resistors for my cylinder builds,,, i like using the old carbon 60s and 70s stuff.. It makes the array look real and the leads that I cut off are used on the metalmite caps so the wire is vintage.....

IMG_4445_zpse4arpuxi.jpg

Getting harder to find them in quantity

Edited by fieldmarshall
  • Like 4

Found a few vintage resistors for my cylinder builds,,, i like using the old carbon 60s and 70s stuff.. It makes the array look real and the leads that I cut off are used on the metalmite caps so the wire is vintage.....

IMG_4445_zpse4arpuxi.jpg

Getting harder to find them in quantity

That is amazing. Your E-11 will look like it came off the set in 1977. Great work.
  • Like 1

Where do you find your newest M19? You have had really good luck getting scopes. Would love another M19 or M32 but no luck seeing them for a reasonable price when they rarely pop up. Your latest catch is in really nice condition.

• Like 1

Where do you find your newest M19? You have had really good luck getting scopes. Would love another M19 or M32 but no luck seeing them for a reasonable price when they rarely pop up. Your latest catch is in really nice condition.

There are no deals on these scopes anymore....LOL

too many people looking... i got real lucky

• Like 1

Chris, those mounting screws look amazing! I had attempted to had some custom made but the cost was insane. They look spot on! <br>

If you are making a large batch of these and the M19 hex ones, would you consider selling them in small orders? Interested in them for my resin scope kits. I have not found anything out there that come close to those screws.<br>

Can't wait to see the hex screws.

• Like 2

On your nose caps, I see you have decided to make the rounded end of the tube part of the nose cap. Does that mean you couldn't figure out how to roll the end of the tube? We had been thinking on that in another thread for a long time with no solutions.

• Like 1

Brian ,,,Im going to offer all this gear I make to contract builders so they can continue making great stuff... Ill have the m19 big hex screws by the end of the week also

IMG_4461_zpsad6f7kld.jpg

Chris, those mounting screws look amazing! I had attempted to had some custom made but the cost was insane. They look spot on! <br>
If you are making a large batch of these and the M19 hex ones, would you consider selling them in small orders? Interested in them for my resin scope kits. I have not found anything out there that come close to those screws.<br>
Can't wait to see the hex screws.

Edited by fieldmarshall
  • Like 2

On your nose caps, I see you have decided to make the rounded end of the tube part of the nose cap. Does that mean you couldn't figure out how to roll the end of the tube? We had been thinking on that in another thread for a long time with no solutions.

Its almost impossible with alum,,, i didn't even try.. the alum is not as easy to form as steel (IT guals and stretches)... Its the same problem trying to form the metalmite capacitors with real rubber bungs ... There is a alot of money and engineering in the forms they used ...(helmets off to the very smart people that did that during a terrible war) After a good paint job it will look great... I do not think anyone will be able to tell the radius is on the end piece and not the tube... It make assemble alot easier too....

"""""YOU HAVE A GREAT EYE TO CATCH THAT ONE SEANTX """"",im impressed LMAO... I LOVE THIS  

The steel tube could be done,, But like i remind everyone the presses and tooling to do some of the parts they made are still even by todays standards ,,, very high tech and expensive .... Just look at my grip molds im doing ive been working on those for 6 months or more...and there for plastic not metal!

• Like 1

Yeah some of us have steel pipes from a dday run. And with a real endcap it fits but no one knows how to get the roll right. Its one of the road blocks I'm waiting to figure out in my ultimate building.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

Yeah some of us have steel pipes from a dday run. And with a real endcap it fits but no one knows how to get the roll right. Its one of the road blocks I'm waiting to figure out in my ultimate building.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

200 ton press and  progressive dies  LOL

I think im still going to make some real steel one too,,, they will be alot easier to weld together... but the roll in front aaaagagagggg,, ill still do the same as the alum. sorry man................