Fieldmarshall build

fieldmarshall

Sure - the list of my started but unfinished props is probably longer than the finished one.  :laugh1: (Working 12 hours a day and having a house and garden doesn´t really help.)

Just some examples i have the (most) parts for, but still need to be build:

Chewbaccas OT Bowcaster from real parts

You have a horton magnum?

Made a COOL tool to put the checking on the parts...

IMG_4359_zpsy6oocldo.jpg

I always wanted to have something made like that to create the knurling pattern. Excellent work. What metal and machinery did you use to make it? Guessing you will be making one for the sight guard as well. Looking forward to it.
  • Like 2

I always wanted to have something made like that to create the knurling pattern. Excellent work. What metal and machinery did you use to make it? Guessing you will be making one for the sight guard as well. Looking forward to it.

The two have diff patterns..... I used a cnc grinder and 20 misattempts!@#$%^&&**&**... Checkering is a art form and it took a lot of trail and error....

I have found that there is several different patterns over the years of manufacturing the sterling...(of course , but this one i have chosen seems to be the most prevalent )

LOL and of course ive made one for the sight guard !!!!!

IMG_4360_zps6uikm9t5.jpg

• Like 3

I need to make tool box with these special tooling ,, checkering and a tool to take scopes apart LOL

Adam Savage ( Mythbusters / Tested) makes some awesome cases he does a neat video on weathering a faux NASA case that he built for his microscope.

https://youtu.be/YXzxEqdvuIE

Jim - TK50899

• Like 1

Every time you post an update I am floored at your talent and skill. I wish I had a third of your knowledge! Great stuff! Thanks for sharing with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Every time you post an update I am floored at your talent and skill. I wish I had a third of your knowledge! Great stuff! Thanks for sharing with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL Thanks MAN.........   Believe me im still learning too , some of this stuff and the tech for making it has been long forgot... help me spread the word to other builders  !!!

Very soon ive got to build a suit! im hoping i get it for Christmas , my girl has been hinting   .....   Does anyone do the events? 

• Like 1

Outstanding work! So this blaster will be 100% metal ? I thought the grip would be the only part prodiced in plastic unless I am mistaken. It is a piece of art you got there!

• Like 2

Outstanding work! So this blaster will be 100% metal ? I thought the grip would be the only part prodiced in plastic unless I am mistaken. It is a piece of art you got there!

No I believe Chris told me he will be casting the grips in plastic just like the real thing, they will be accurate enough to put on a real Sterling!  Also the front cover on the Hengstler Counter with the window was originally made of plastic which Chris will also reproduce in plastic. Other than those pieces it will be all metal. This Blaster will be extremely accurate right down to the knurling, and all the little nuts & bolts. I said it before and I'll say it again, mark my words;

Resin is a thing of the past, Aluminum is the way of the future!

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 5

No I believe Chris told me he will be casting the grips in plastic just like the real thing, they will be accurate enough to put on a real Sterling!  Also the front cover on the Hengstler Counter with the window was originally made of plastic which Chris will also reproduce in plastic. Other than those pieces it will be all metal. This Blaster will be extremely accurate right down the knurling, and all the little nuts & bolts. I said it before and I'll say it again, mark my words;

Resin is a thing of the past, Aluminum is the way of the future!

Cool! These will surely be some really crisp and clean castings then by the looks of the mold just made. Hoping I can save up enough money for one these blasters when they are offered. 

• Like 2