Fieldmarshall build

fieldmarshall

If you are looking to expand your prooduct line, the world could really use a good DH-17 manufacturer. All the kits I see are junk. But if you or DDAY took your E11 parts you would be about 70% of the way to a DH17 just because they are both sterlings.

If you are looking to expand your prooduct line, the world could really use a good DH-17 manufacturer. All the kits I see are junk. But if you or DDAY took your E11 parts you would be about 70% of the way to a DH17 just because they are both sterlings.

Your right,,,  got to look into those. What scope is on that gun?

Its actually a very interesting piece. Its one of the world's first red dot sights. Made by an English company called single point. So look up singlepoint oeg. You actually cant see through it. Its just a black rod with a red fiber optic cable running through it. So it would be totally possible to make funtioning replicas out of resin or aluminum. With no need for crazy lenses or prisms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ive been online researching this ,,, Your totally right theres nothing any good . This gun seem to be neglected.  The replica grips and frame im making will help , i will have to do more research to see what else that gun needs.  Got to find a scope to copy----priority one

everthing else i ccan machine from pictures.......

Nice collection!!!!,,,, ill use this model to get some measurements , should not be to hard to mock this up nicely..............  might grab a master replica to figure out the mounts?

If i may suggest: http://www.toddscostumes.com/costume-supplies/star-wars-prop-builders-supplies/

Shipping to Germany is a pain, but inside the US it´s a great deal. It´s the best replica of this scope i´ve ever seen, way better than any other offers. If i wouldn´t have real scopes i would order from them in a heartbeat. I have a machine shop, but with the involved time it wouldn´t be cost effective to make a own.

The other parts are great, too.

Looks repainted, and the cone is a mess. Better than nothing, but not good for the listed price.

Trying not to brag, but i like those scopes.  B)

20160617_211010_zpsw5yqv4c6.jpg

Edit: Many scopes in the movies were simple casts. And there were 2 versions of these conetipped scoped, with screw on metal covers, and with plug on plastc covers - if one is into those tiny details he needs to check what was used on his wanted blaster version. I know, nitpicking - but this are real parts. ;)

Edited by Lichtbringer
  • Like 1

Looks repainted, and the cone is a mess. Better than nothing, but not good for the listed price.

Trying not to brag, but i like those scopes. B)

20160617_211010_zpsw5yqv4c6.jpg

Edit: Many scopes in the movies were simple casts. And there were 2 versions of these conetipped scoped, with screw on metal covers, and with plug on plastc covers - if one is into those tiny details he needs to check what was used on his wanted blaster version. I know, nitpicking - but this are real parts. ;)

I thought it looked overpriced. The last several auctions closed around $180. It's a neat sight but for $350 you could buy several replicas and not worry about it getting dropped!

Jim - TK50899

Ones with the cone front seem hard to find. Also from the movie stills the front defuser is completely transparent. Not the translucent ones that seem more common, and not the dome ones that are even more common. Some interesting literature on the operation of the real sight.

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/11/20/sof-carbines-comparing-the-son-tay-gau-5aa-and-the-m4a1-cqbr-part-ii/

http://shootery.blogspot.com/2010/07/moldy-oldie-review-singlepoint-sight.html

http://seanlinnane.blogspot.com/2010/11/son-tay-raid.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_123/649246__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Single_Point_Sight.html&page=2

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/11/19/sof-carbines-comparing-the-son-tay-gau-5aa-and-the-m4a1-cqbr-part-i/

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_123/649246_Single_Point_Sight.html&page=3

They are really not scopes as much as the predecessor to the red dot sight.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome work on the Aluminum E-11 and Scope Replicas Chris! I have been keeping a very close eye on this project. I would definitely be interested in a completed aluminum Sterling kit when they're available. Your scope kits look great too, I'm so glad somebody finally decided to make metal replicas. I actually bought a large eagle Hengstler Counter from you through eBay months ago, it's pretty rare. I haven't seen another one like it since. Anyways I look forward to seeing more progress on this project, keep up the great work Chris!

I love this project,, its growing everyday... The Hengstler project is going very well also , I am having the rear housing cast in alum and the plastic part injection molded. The counter is a tough item to find I was lucky to have these to copy . The counters were on all the looms and textile equipment. I gathered them up when I was younger...

I'm trying to keep my blog up to date, It is a lot of parts to keep everyone informed about. I posted a lot of new parts today.. ( warmachinepaintball.com      and tshirtgun.com)

I need to locate a m19 scope to replicate, I have  several m38 scopes but the m19 seem to be as hard to find. If you know anyone who has one they would sell , loan ect  I would be very app ... I would draw it up for the cnc

You know anyone that make some good electronics for blaster sounds?  Thanks for the HIGH praise, IT means a lot HENRY

I hope to get my armor from RS prop master this month , I really need to join the 501    

I love this project,, its growing everyday... The Hengstler project is going very well also , I am having the rear housing cast in alum and the plastic part injection molded. The counter is a tough item to find I was lucky to have these to copy . The counters were on all the looms and textile equipment. I gathered them up when I was younger...

I'm trying to keep my blog up to date, It is a lot of parts to keep everyone informed about. I posted a lot of new parts today.. ( warmachinepaintball.com and tshirtgun.com)

I need to locate a m19 scope to replicate, I have several m38 scopes but the m19 seem to be as hard to find. If you know anyone who has one they would sell , loan ect I would be very app ... I would draw it up for the cnc

You know anyone that make some good electronics for blaster sounds? Thanks for the HIGH praise, IT means a lot HENRY

I hope to get my armor from RS prop master this month , I really need to join the 501

I was hoping you were going to make metal Hengstler replicas to go with those scope replicas. Can the eagle logo be cut by CNC or will it need to be stamped in with a press & die? The real Hengstler I bought from you is pretty nice. I've been watching progress on your blog, the front muzzle cap looks perfect, keep it up! I noticed you said the front and rear sights are up next, try to get the same knurling on the front sight and the serrations on the rear sight if at all possible. If things keep going the way they are I will be one of your first customers Chris ;)

Congrats on your RS Prop Masters commission, and good luck on your build! It's a fun project to assemble I find. I'm sure I'll be seeing you join up with the 501st when it's all done.

I do have a genuine 1942 M.H.R. Co. M19 Telescope. But as you know it is a very rare and certainly valuable antique. I'm not sure I'd be willing to ship it out or lend it out considering how much I paid for it, I'm definitely not willing to sell it. But here's the thing, I am a trained draftsmen. I took Architectural Technology in college. I have education and extensive experience in AutoCAD and some other 3D modeling software. I also have precise measuring tools, vernier calipur, ect. I've been very swamped with other work lately but If you're interested maybe I can draw up some plans for you in the future, what kind of files would you need for the CNC?

Here's some photos of my M19

M19_1_zpsmqefztc7.jpgM19_4_zps0h8aknde.jpgM19_5_zpsfi4az7ls.jpgM19_6_zpsgyt42qw0.jpg

M19_2_zps6dkuopop.jpg

M19_3_zpsbsaoxqjq.jpg

Also there is another option for Blaster sound boards, but similar to a lightsaber logic board this one also does flashing lights!

http://www.plecterlabs.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=69

Here's a good example video of an install, it's version 4.0 but 5.0 has been upgraded a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08Z9tibfCrA

Edited by SlyFox740

I have two M19 scopes but like Henry I have no plans to sell them or wish to ship the off even on a loan due to their value and rarity. But I have made a cast of one of them which I sell as a kit. I am in the process of making a new mold soon with slightly better silicone since my last mold suffered some shrinkage and some damage. If you think a resin copy would be helpful send me a PM. One good thing about the M19 and M38 is that the large retainer ring is practically identical in size, the large lens assembly is too except for the wiser threading band. <br>

Also the prism cell is the same exact part. So for those parts, you already have the measuremnrts you need. <br>

Can't wait to see more of your work on this project!

Great pictures Henry, I understand not wanting it out of your site... I draw in Mastercam , its the cadcam software I use on the cnc machines. I would put it in a laser coor measuring machine it get the all the radius and fillets perfect. It would be a lot faster to draw and program this way . If you change your mind about selling or loaning please contact me directly...

I would take care of it better than my own stuff.  And would probably owe you my soul LOL

The casting on the counter should be back from the foundry in a month or so ,,, the plastic parts I can do here in my shop. I will make a tool to stamp the logo . I don't think I can engrave it ,  I will experiment on some blanks when I get a chance. Thanks Henry the electronic links are just what im looking for

Where are your kits ,, love to see them... Where do you sell?

The large front ring has very fine threads , I have to be very careful when I QC them . if they are damaged in any way they will not thread in ... I had a few customers cross thread them at first... I started threading them in here before I send them now.

This project is over 100 different parts for all the assemblies I am doing. People really love the metalmite stuff . Those power cylinders have been a hit. I am still working on improving those... Wish I could find a real e11 from the movie.... You got one of those ???? LMAO I also got a lot of requests for the dl44(broom handle mauser ) duh...

How are you making a mold??? I am a very good mold maker!!!!!

• Like 1

I need to locate a m19 scope to replicate, I have  several m38 scopes but the m19 seem to be as hard to find. If you know anyone who has one they would sell , loan ect  I would be very app ... I would draw it up for the cnc

If you only need an M19 scope for replicating purposes, maybe you don't really need a functional one as your replicas are not actually functional anyways. I found an M19 scope for sale here; http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36831-fs-real-m19-scope/?hl=scope  However it does not function, and will need to be very carefully disassembled as some of the screws are "broken". But if you look at it, this piece could actually serve as a great original scope to base your M19 replicas on. It has little to no external damage other than those screws, just a little worn/weathered but that's the exact appearance most troopers go for! This could work perfect for you.

Edited by SlyFox740