Fieldmarshall build

fieldmarshall

What is SW world???    Yes I own many cnc machines and a lot of manual stuff tooo.. I build tshirt launchers and paintball guns. tshirtgun.com    I am trying to recreate every e11 version and the han solo blaster . wanted to do this for a long time. Help me find a m19 scope to buy or borrow... I will make someone very happy if they do LOL

What kind of parts do you need/request away?

Operational folding stocks, and magazine housings would be good

Heard Kwakermad,, i have all the e11 parts  drawn in mastercam , i need to laser cut and machine. Im doing them one at a time. I do have a huge question and please don't hesitate with the suggestions... i see alot of plastic pvc 3 d printed items. I would like to do the e11 in steel and aluminum. Plastic makes it easier to build because you can glue it together. The metal would add to the complexity of the build. I think it would hold up better sliding in and out of a holster.  Some of the detailing in the sterlings stamping will require paintball and

texturing.... Do you guys think its something needed???  Complete kits to individual parts ????  Im getting alot of Han solo fans wanting his blaster also...   Insite????????

• Like 1

Heard Kwakermad,, i have all the e11 parts drawn in mastercam , i need to laser cut and machine. Im doing them one at a time. I do have a huge question and please don't hesitate with the suggestions... i see alot of plastic pvc 3 d printed items. I would like to do the e11 in steel and aluminum. Plastic makes it easier to build because you can glue it together. The metal would add to the complexity of the build. I think it would hold up better sliding in and out of a holster. Some of the detailing in the sterlings stamping will require paintball and

texturing.... Do you guys think its something needed??? Complete kits to individual parts ???? Im getting alot of Han solo fans wanting his blaster also... Insite????????

I'm liking the idea of an aluminum kit. More durable, lighter, and if it comes to federal and local laws it can't be mistaken as a firearm upon close inspection. With steel I think that there is a fine line that would be getting walked on and could be trouble, especially with the current [political] state of affairs here. Plus it's easier to machine and you could crank them out a bit faster! Perhaps a "hybrid full kit" using some of those awesome original parts and some aluminum replica parts???? I'm just over the moon watching this come about. I'm sure you'll do well with the popularity of Star Wars going nuts for the next couple of years! Some of the new Rogue One variant pieces could also be a gold mine, just saying.....

Jim - TK50899

For me, Aluminum is better for weight if considering a metal over plactic, steel is great but heavy to holster and hold for trooping. Complete kits are always great if you can offer them and certainly individual parts would always be something people will want to maybe upgrade a part on their already built blasters or switch out from another kit. Accuracy for parts is something I look for so if any details like stamping can be incorporated, it makes it more attractive to have, especially for members who live in places where owning real sterlings is not an option. <br><br>

Looking forward to seeing more of your kit parts as you get them produced. :)

• Like 1

What is SW world???    Yes I own many cnc machines and a lot of manual stuff tooo.. I build tshirt launchers and paintball guns. tshirtgun.com    I am trying to recreate every e11 version and the han solo blaster . wanted to do this for a long time. Help me find a m19 scope to buy or borrow... I will make someone very happy if they do LOL

What kind of parts do you need/request away?

Hi :)

SW = Star Wars..

I'm wondering if it's possible to get a Scope rail for the ROTJ version E-11 blaster.

Perhaps a scope aswell,

The greeblies is something i allready have 3d printed in metal, and the plastic sight from a RO 97 air pistol also.

(Also interested in perhaps a Folding stock for the MK4, (one in decent shape if possible)

• Like 1

Brass Scopes are availible by the thur,, im waiting on one part to be completed

Oh man, can you upgrade my ebay order to a brass one :). I can paypal the difference if you need it. (Or just start a tab :P)

When it comes to choosing materials flexibility is a what can get you more market share. Talk to DDAY, but him being able to have steel pipes made and aluminum got him my business for sure. Even though steel took longer and cost more it was worth it to me.

I think you will make a bunch of your sales in aluminum like DDAY does. But those of us trying to (legally) recreate a blaster of orignal parts steel is really the only option. Its near impossible to solder dissimilar metals so attaching aluminium parts to my steel tube would have to be done with two part bonding. Which honestly may be strong enough, but its just that last little detail where its just not perfect.

So for me at least if you had steel grip frame and end cap retainer I would be overjoyed.

But at the same time like everyone will say. Aluminum is lighter and better for trooping. But thats why I would buy two. ;)

• Like 1

Heard Kwakermad,, i have all the e11 parts  drawn in mastercam , i need to laser cut and machine. Im doing them one at a time. I do have a huge question and please don't hesitate with the suggestions... i see alot of plastic pvc 3 d printed items. I would like to do the e11 in steel and aluminum. Plastic makes it easier to build because you can glue it together. The metal would add to the complexity of the build. I think it would hold up better sliding in and out of a holster.  Some of the detailing in the sterlings stamping will require paintball and

texturing.... Do you guys think its something needed???  Complete kits to individual parts ????  Im getting alot of Han solo fans wanting his blaster also...   Insite????????

I prefer ali over plastic for durability. For me it would be better to wait until you have several pieces as it would save me lots of different shipping charges across the pond.

Working on the machining and laser cutting of the folding stock ,, it will be close to the real one... The original ones are suppressingly well made, at first glance they are crude but when you get close up they really put alot of effort in them..

Going to take a few months to complete

The mag well should be done in a few weeks   , im cutting it out of alum

• Like 3

Thanks Tr00per

SW   duh  lol (missed that)

Sight rail will be easy enough should get around to that for you... i bought one off ebay its not bad but i have notice that the length is wrong for a real sterling... May create mine where the buyer can do the finall bends to allow for diff size builds...

I have several real stocks on ebay ....

I agree with you on the alum, i dont see how plastic would survive a day ... Maybe i can find a way to use hidden screws to attach all the goodies to the body tube....................................

Steel would be easier to weld

IMG_3114_zpsk3i7q6ix.jpg

Edited by fieldmarshall
  • Like 2

Steel would be easier to weld

.......if one knows or has the equipment to perform such a task! I've used JB weld on steel but how does it hold up on aluminum? Are the other industrial adhesives that adhere well to alum? I also like the idea of hidden screws to assemble pieces to the tube then you can dress it up with epoxy putty "welds". It wouldn't be terrible difficult with the mag well on the side facing the rear but the from side might be different. Maybe the front fits into a slot and the back is secured with a screw that is hidden by this piece:

af49f76883eb26cdd65805aee8f124d1.jpg

Jim - TK50899

Thanks Tr00per

Sight rail will be easy enough should get around to that for you... i bought one off ebay its not bad but i have notice that the length is wrong for a real sterling... May create mine where the buyer can do the finall bends to allow for diff size builds...

Thanks Tr00per

You got a link for the stocks on ebay, I can't find them?

I got my capacitors and scope yesterday. They look awesome. I see why you didn't bore out the tube so you could screw it together. I haven't tried yet to see if my real m38 lenses fit in it. But if they do and you can ever find a way to make your scope completely hollow you will win the scope world.

• Like 1