EastCoastStoneCutter's AP ANH TK Build *first ever-no exp*

While still contemplating trimming thighs and shins, I'm practically the finished with TD. Will use internal elastic or something to keep caps together.

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj574/ronaldmtam/6EA78910-EF79-4CC9-9736-579EBC23BAFA_zpssywnq3in.jpg ' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'> http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj574/ronaldmtam/6EA78910-EF79-4CC9-9736-579EBC23BAFA_zpssywnq3in.jpg

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj574/ronaldmtam/66E3C88A-CCEB-4C80-8A7E-DFB16C1E4023_zpsnfimzu37.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

While still contemplating trimming thighs and shins, I'm practically the finished with TD. Will use internal elastic or something to keep caps together.

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj574/ronaldmtam/6EA78910-EF79-4CC9-9736-579EBC23BAFA_zpssywnq3in.jpg ' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'> http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj574/ronaldmtam/6EA78910-EF79-4CC9-9736-579EBC23BAFA_zpssywnq3in.jpg

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj574/ronaldmtam/66E3C88A-CCEB-4C80-8A7E-DFB16C1E4023_zpsnfimzu37.jpg

Attempt two for photos:

66E3C88A-CCEB-4C80-8A7E-DFB16C1E4023_zps

You’ll want enough space in your biceps to be able to bend your arm and flex your bicep. Any extra room could be trimmed out. Foam inserts can help take up the rest, and help with alignment/comfort issues.

For your thighs, align the front of the thighs and do most of your cutting in the back. You don’t want to lose the factory rib on the front of the thighs. Thinking of the front of the thighs … Aligning the bottom of the thighs works best. Any difference in height at the top can be solved with a hobby iron (or hot water bath) and some time. You can make the tall side shorter by rolling the extra over with heat, and trimming it to match the short side.

Gluing thighs and about to start shins. Tried painting helmet, but I didn't do it right...I used blue tape for frown and vocoder but some bled through. Will try square ends of match stick to fix?...

3B6902F5-7E34-4492-B868-F954B998C24E_zps

BF3B8F2E-A6BE-4B29-ACDD-F861F807BAD5_zps

Also tried freehanding ear bars but didn't think to use blue tape... wtf was I thinking...Gotta clean it up some how. And I thought the helmet was the easier part. Why doesn't anything feel right...

1C351EB9-A5FC-430B-9A66-D7FACF8D665E_zps

058347F1-4C08-4B39-BBD8-E02B852462F3_zps

Just received snaps and waiting anvil. Maybe making snaps will calm me down.

• 1 month later...

Wow, my last post was over a month ago!  In that time I was studying for and taking a 5 hour exam, but I actually did some work, like gluing all of the armor appendages and started making some snaps and gluing some on the arms.

Currently planning the belt build, but wanted to get some input: Looking at one of the snap maps for the belt (see highlighted red box), I noticed it calls out for Line 20 (blue dots) Snaps and Chicago Screws (red dots).  Can't I just use Line 24 snaps for the whole belt?  I bought 40 Line 24 snaps and would rather use them up before having to buy different ones + new tools.  Any advice out there for the belt?

belt%20snaps_zpsjsqnfkxj.jpg

In terms of the thigh ammo pack, I also fear, I may have put too much space behind the ammo pack.  Considering burning 2 new holes and moving the rivets, but not sure; would I need to refill the old holes or would the ammo cover them anyways?  From the front it seems to look fine to me, like some of the centurion photos i've seen, and i wanted to align that center ammo box with the thigh cover strip.

IMAG0901_zpsvtvnfeet.jpg

IMAG0902_zpswd5gfk1x.jpg

ammo pack if I rotated it parallel to borders...

IMAG0903_zpsroznktee.jpg

In the mean time, making more snaps, cutting ab/kidney plate, gluing more snaps to armor.  Plan to shoot for 501st basic first before Halloween.  Work towards EIB and Centurion afterwards.  Hope I can make the Rogue One premier in Dulles...

Hey Ron,

Things are looking good on your build. Don't fret on finishing quickly some troopers take a year to complete there armor. Just have fun, learn and take your time. 

In regards to the line 24 snaps on the belt. If the snap head fits in the button cover then you are golden. I am using line 20's and there is wiggle room with the button covers. if all else fails. Try some "DRITZ" brand snaps found at Walmart, and other craft stores. A pack of 10 is $5 or $6 and they are smaller than the Line 24's.

I just finished doing my TK belt (I am doing an AP build as well). I took some pictures that my help. Just click on the link in the signature below.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I can finally see the finish line soon!  Mainly listing taskers so I can remember what's left to do...

-Helmet needs some glue for the rubber brow and under trim.  Also install headset for voice changer and incoming fans.

-Straps for: shoulders, shoulder bells to shoulder straps, shoulder bells to biceps, biceps to forearm, back to kidney, ab to posterior, belt to thigh, possible thigh to shin

-Belt is almost done, just need some thin magnets for the belt drop boxes.

-Redo thigh ammo pack-don't think rivet is far enough on the left side...

-Velcro for both shins

-Bicep hooks made, just need to glue

-Glue/create band for flexible hand guards to rubber gloves

-Shout clean boot as I accidentally scuffed the white elastic

-Ordered and waiting for E-11 to come in from Quest Design Canada

-Ordered and waiting for Hasbro Doopy Doo conversion kit to come in

-Need to place order for Hasbro E-11 Disney blaster (blaster/stun with lights and sounds!) to use with conversion kit

C7CE7774-7932-4BCA-B07B-E869C7029F95_zps

I think that's all...

Oh and I bought an extra wired headset/mic cause I didn't know the amp came with one.  Anybody need a wired headset/mic out there?

Halloween here I come!

Edited by EastCoastStoneCutter
  • Like 1

Wow, my last post was over a month ago! In that time I was studying for and taking a 5 hour exam, but I actually did some work, like gluing all of the armor appendages and started making some snaps and gluing some on the arms.

Currently planning the belt build, but wanted to get some input: Looking at one of the snap maps for the belt (see highlighted red box), I noticed it calls out for Line 20 (blue dots) Snaps and Chicago Screws (red dots). Can't I just use Line 24 snaps for the whole belt? I bought 40 Line 24 snaps and would rather use them up before having to buy different ones + new tools. Any advice out there for the belt?

belt%20snaps_zpsjsqnfkxj.jpg

In terms of the thigh ammo pack, I also fear, I may have put too much space behind the ammo pack. Considering burning 2 new holes and moving the rivets, but not sure; would I need to refill the old holes or would the ammo cover them anyways? From the front it seems to look fine to me, like some of the centurion photos i've seen, and i wanted to align that center ammo box with the thigh cover strip.

IMAG0901_zpsvtvnfeet.jpg

IMAG0902_zpswd5gfk1x.jpg

ammo pack if I rotated it parallel to borders...

IMAG0903_zpsroznktee.jpg

In the mean time, making more snaps, cutting ab/kidney plate, gluing more snaps to armor. Plan to shoot for 501st basic first before Halloween. Work towards EIB and Centurion afterwards. Hope I can make the Rogue One premier in Dulles...

From the front on it does look good but from the underside it looks like it can be moved closer. Mine moved up and down a bit and ultimately, I e6000d it in place. In regards to the ammo pack being centered, mine is off as well. Everything is looking good!

sent from my phone

• 1 month later...

Hate to pose a question so close to Halloween, but how do people glue the latex hand guards to the rubber gloves?  I just tried using E6000, but the E6000 rolls off the latex and has ZERO adhesion; the E6000 does have adhesion with the rubber gloves though.

Worst case, maybe just have plain black gloves for Halloween?...

Hate to pose a question so close to Halloween, but how do people glue the latex hand guards to the rubber gloves? I just tried using E6000, but the E6000 rolls off the latex and has ZERO adhesion; the E6000 does have adhesion with the rubber gloves though.

Worst case, maybe just have plain black gloves for Halloween?...

I got my gloves and latex guards off trooper bay and he says to use super glue. Worked a treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got my gloves and latex guards off trooper bay and he says to use super glue. Worked a treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply! Will try super glue this weekend.

• Like 1

So I used Home Depot super glue and it didn't seem to work either.  Since I have a Halloween party to go to next Saturday I think i'll have to make some hand strapped plastic/ABS hand guards for now.  On another note, I tried to heat melt some adhesive to my wiremesh frown and accidentally warped my green lens.  It doesn't look too bad, but I ordered some dark green polycarbonate weld lenses as a replacement so we'll see how that goes.

So close to finishing this armor and these last minute hiccups are really keeping me down...

7C213EE0-62ED-459F-B7B9-10D4A9C8A80D_zps

You have to clean the gloves and latex with rubbing alcohol. Then rough sand the back of the latex. Then apply CA glue...like Elmer's ...to the back of the latex, press into the glove, put a weight on it and let it sit. Like for an hour. Shouldn't be any problem gluing it....

Test Fit #1.

1-Redo hand guards...sanding them made them stick a little better, but still can be pulled off easily...

2-Touch up paint helmet, some black and grey chipping off ear bars

3-Need to get the shoulder bells to move in closer.

4-Possibly move bicep hooks up more.

5-Insert foam in thighs and shins to keep them from rotating so much.

6-Figure out how to fit shins into shoes; the lower portion of my shins squish into the top portion of shoes.

7-Redo a strap from chest to ab, enough torsion and it pops off.

8-Bend plastic belt on left more, can pop off a snap from the canvas belt.

9-Figure out easier way to snap ab to kidney, very difficult with just myself.

Home stretch!...

CF961971-6456-4330-A56F-4D2FD2C632EA_zps

9D8FDF7B-099C-46A8-AC4E-D61F4965160A_zps

FEAED47F-BD98-4EAD-BF66-61641F2733F6_zps

• 3 weeks later...

Armor was officially complete 10/29/2016 with submission photos.

Official 501st member 11/02/2016: TK-99616 of Garrison Tyranus!

Won prizes and gifts from 3 different Halloween events and convinced somebody to start their own costume.

Next up: post lessons learned on my 1st post on this thread and help other troopers on FISD.

Then: EIB and Centurion.

Unfortunately, can't make Rogue One premier, but i'll troop with Tyranus as soon as I can!

IMG_0116_zpsn39yxcig.jpg

IMG_0119_zpsa9xlzadj.jpg

IMG_0128_zpszdkivxss.jpg

• Like 2