Entertainment Weekly Rogue One Photos

Airborne Trooper

If you haven't seen the new photos that came out yesterday, here you go: http://www.ew.com/gallery/rogue-one-first-look-photos

I like the commando stormtroopers appearance but I don't see how practical that armor would be in an amphibious environment. Looks like it would be hard to swim in. The Deathtroopers look really cool but not sure why they are trying so hard to rip off sandtroopers with the MP40 pouches. I guess the final thing that bothers me is everyone for the most part is getting pauldrons too. Seems like the only thing us sandtroopers have left is sand lol. 

Also, it appears from those close ups, the TK armor we've seen before is not just stunt outfits. They all appear to be the same and look terrible IMO. I'm sure they are way more comfortable than current TKs and TDs but appearance wise, that's a big fail. The general star wars fans will not notice these differences but we all can. 

• Like 3

Personally, I really don't mind how impractical this new black Death Trooper armor might be, it just looks really cool. It's not that white plastic armor would be practical in desert environments either.

And speaking of new OT TK armor: We want to see TKs in action, right? Well, to achieve this, they need to be able to move significantly better in their suits. Did anyone expect LFL to recast some ANH armor? I did not. And i'm fine with these minor changes because it still looks like a Stormtrooper and 99/100 people won't see a difference between both old and new. And this one person out of 100 probably happens to be a 501st member.