Rogue One another new TK photo

BTJepson

Ouch. not what i would call them.

If they would have been that, the OT would look better.

I think the sculptors were very talented. Brian Muir and Liz Moore have done an excellent job. But as you said previously maybe it's the execution of it. 1.5mm thick armour can crack easily.

I don't see how the armour in the OT was actually bad looking. Unless you were referring to the troopers in the Tantive IV scene, which was one of the last scenes to be filmed. By then all the armour was broken and full of cracks and they had to patch it up with gaffa tape. I saw gaffa tape in TFA as well.

On 7/4/2016 at 11:59 AM, Merusk said:

Ok all I've compiled what I've seen and the changes mentioned here and on Facebook. I used the huge image so I won't link it in-line.  

You can find it here for your viewing pleasure and commentary. This should help anyone trying to dev. a new CRL and help find any other questions we've got about this new variant.

-----------

Very nice Merusk!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

You newbies have no idea. Learn your history. Why things were done then, and why they are done now... I'm a rivet counter like the rest of you, but If you weren't there in 76 then you have no right to criticise what was done... armchair quarterbacks in the digital age don't know what REC.ARTS.STARWARS was. It paved they way for everyone to nag and complain now about what is essentially a tool (prop costume) used to tell a story, embrace the suits, this forum, and enjoy the movie.....

Edited by trooper18938
  • Like 1

You newbies have no idea. Learn your history. Why things were done then, and why they are done now... I'm a rivet counter like the rest of you, but If you weren't there in 76 then you have no right to criticise what was done... armchair quarterbacks in the digital age DO NOT KNOW WHAT REC.ARTS.STARWARS was. We paved they way for all of you to nag and complain now about what is essentially a tool (prop costume) used to tell a story, embrace the suits, this forum, and shut up and enjoy the movie.....

Well, i don´t complain the bad made suits itself, they are just a product of their time, and the lack of money and time then. They are not really good, but good enough to make the film, and we liked them. They did their job quite fine, then.

But now, with better material to work from than what we saw 77 as a child, all the shorts are showing with no mercy.

But i complain about people mixing their feelings (nostalgia for the old) with reality (no reason todays should be made with the same "mistakes").

If the movie is good, i will watch the movie as i did (and do) the old ones, with fun and shining eyes. Troopers will be just some white armored guys on screen.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2016 at 8:33 AM, Daetrin said:

I thought about thisWell, you could be right. Ever get a chance to see Star Wars on the big screen recently? I'm not talking the 100" screen you have at home with a projector, I mean at a theater. Honestly, even today I'm so wrapped up in the movie I just see stormtroopers and am focusing on the movie more than cover strips. IOW, what may seem galling to me on a still 12" away from my eyes on a computer monitor may be a totally different impression watching the film.

So, I'm just going to hold off making any more judgments either way until I see the movie - in the theater - and the costumes in person.

100"? It´s 107" ws (21:9).  ;) And most theaters don´t deliver the sound i want, to much equalized due to complaining woman ("to loud").

---------------

As mentioned before, when watching the movies i don´t care, then i will never see old and wonky or new and misshaped (whatever people might call any version), just costumed guys playing soldiers in a galaxy far away, even on the smaller 60" in the livingroom.

If a movie is good, i don´t care as the movie is good - is the movie bad i don´t care cause the movie has bigger problems.  :D

Edited by gmrhodes13

On 7/26/2016 at 4:35 PM, Lichtbringer said:

--------------------

:shok:

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

I know, it´s a mix of SW and Enterprise.  :blush:

Depending on what their personal bias is, some of my friends call it "the starshipbridge", the other call it my "Deathstar controlroom".  :lol:

Just thinking the same  :laugh1:

• 4 months later...

Well, just watched R1, to me the changes are just to bring the uniform into line with the current crews views on how it would have looked in '77 given the techniques if they were available back then<br>

As for the shorter leg pieces, probably a trade off so real actors can wear them and have full free movement so we don't have to watch horrid cgi-ed troopers running around.<br>

The changes do annoy me a bit, but I ain't gonna lose no sleep as they say.

Well, just watched R1, to me the changes are just to bring the uniform into line with the current crews views on how it would have looked in '77 given the techniques if they were available back then<br>

As for the shorter leg pieces, probably a trade off so real actors can wear them and have full free movement so we don't have to watch horrid cgi-ed troopers running around.<br>

The changes do annoy me a bit, but I ain't gonna lose no sleep as they say.

• 3 weeks later...

I know, it´s a mix of SW and Enterprise.  :blush:

Depending on what their personal bias is, some of my friends call it "the starshipbridge", the other call it my "Deathstar controlroom".  :lol:

The correct response is "cool", regardless of Trek, SW, etc. Very nice!