Rogue One another new TK photo

BTJepson

I just don't care much about the new look. It's like they didn't even bother using reference material. If they wanted to idealize the armor so that the wearer could have more flexibility, they could have done a much better job.

They might as well had used FX armor. 

Looks like some of the elastic I've seen people attach, but hard plastic instead. Meant to keep the chest and the back together without strapping it to the kidney. Turns the chest into something you pull on over your head instead of clamshelling into.

The helmets are incredibly different. Here's what I noticed and just posted elsewhere. 

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 6

I'm not even sure this armor is vac-formed.  The details look way too sharp.  I suspect these were made the same way that VII armor was made.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2016 at 10:42 AM, Merusk said:

Looks like some of the elastic I've seen people attach, but hard plastic instead. Meant to keep the chest and the back together without strapping it to the kidney. Turns the chest into something you pull on over your head instead of clamshelling into.

The helmets are incredibly different. Here's what I noticed and just posted elsewhere. 

-----------------

Shoulder strap also appears to be formed to the breast plate.

Edited by gmrhodes13

On 7/3/2016 at 10:42 AM, Merusk said:

--------

Wow, great observations! Thanks for sharing!

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 2

On 7/3/2016 at 1:26 PM, bluehickey said:

Did you also notice the new type of fabric on the undersuit in the above pic?

Yep, I thought I saw that posted earlier but it might have just been on Facebook's Anovos build group. Opinion there seems to be leaning towards injection molded for the parts as well. 

Additionally, the gloves are of the same type as the FO gloves where they are cloth with leather rather than rubber. The high-res pic I used for the above makes this very clear. Since I didn't see it linked earlier in the thread here it is for everyone's consumption. The gloves are most-obvious on the Trooper to the far-right of the shot. Looks like the same leather pattern to the finger. 

---------------

It's raining so if I get bored enough tonight I'll pick things apart and compile the list here and from Facebook and add some additional details I observed to the high-res photo.

Edited by gmrhodes13

On 7/4/2016 at 2:45 AM, Merusk said:

Yep, I thought I saw that posted earlier but it might have just been on Facebook's Anovos build group. Opinion there seems to be leaning towards injection molded for the parts as well. 

Additionally, the gloves are of the same type as the FO gloves where they are cloth with leather rather than rubber. The high-res pic I used for the above makes this very clear. Since I didn't see it linked earlier in the thread here it is for everyone's consumption. The gloves are most-obvious on the Trooper to the far-right of the shot. Looks like the same leather pattern to the finger. 

--------------------

It's raining so if I get bored enough tonight I'll pick things apart and compile the list here and from Facebook and add some additional details I observed to the high-res photo.

A fair degree of wear on the extreme right trooper's drop box!

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

A fair degree of wear on the extreme right trooper's drop box!

Also on the Center Tooper's Right Drop Box (His Right, not ours)

Paint chipping away from the Belt on the far right.

And two clearly different Belts amongst the group. The bottom edge is cut differently on some (or they've got some very clean breaks)

Edited by Berbs42

Nice detail image of the helmet. Wow lots of changes. And here's a few more.

The ear rank bars are more recessed, and more to the point, they aren't rank bars anymore! They are totally redesigned, looking more like a "comms" component.

The tube stripes aren't curved. They are straight! Ah well, no need to double check which way to paint them or apply the decals (pointing to the back of the helmet).

The one change I do like is how the vocoder (also probably not a vocoder anymore) has its tubes extending out from the helmet. Looks more like an apparatus for conditioning and providing breathable air.

The mesh for the mic tips is slightly higher density. Are they mics, speakers, or air/water intakes, the mesh providing a first layer of filtering?

Where, oh where has my OT trooper gone, where oh where could he be? Oh there he is. In a big brown box on my living room floor still waiting to be built.

Perhaps not all these changes were made simply to facilitate making the costumes. Some thought went into these design details that may correspond with the unique capabilities of these stormtroopers.

Edited by bpoodoo
  • Like 2

The Single "Button" on the ab is no Button. It's square shaped.<br><br>

Edit reason: Too slow ;-)

Coin slot.

-"nothing to see here, move along. move along."

• Like 3

And extra boxes above drop boxes on the ends of the belt. Wider than anh.

-"nothing to see here, move along. move along."

• Like 1

Ok all I've compiled what I've seen and the changes mentioned here and on Facebook. I used the huge image so I won't link it in-line.  

You can find it here for your viewing pleasure and commentary. This should help anyone trying to dev. a new CRL and help find any other questions we've got about this new variant.

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13

guys. this is a PROMO picture. just like all those from the 70s. doubtful if this Suppposed screenshot is even in the movie. its a photo shoot for the media taken after filming.... just like all those shots of that hero suit after ANH. OBVIOUSLY the suits were designed for mobility. you ever worn a screen used ANH ? ITS JUST ANOTHER CORPORATE WATERED DOWN VERSION OF THE STORMTROOPER SUIT SO IT CAN BE SOLD TO MANY DIFFERENT BODY TYPES, in the REAL movie, if you didnt fit in the costume, you didnt get the part....

On 7/4/2016 at 11:59 AM, Merusk said:

Ok all I've compiled what I've seen and the changes mentioned here and on Facebook. I used the huge image so I won't link it in-line.

You can find it here for your viewing pleasure and commentary. This should help anyone trying to dev. a new CRL and help find any other questions we've got about this new variant.

-------------

Great job Merusk! Took a while to load and kept crashing Firefox on Android, but eventually I was able to save the image. 3.0Mb not too bad.

No holster... hmmm. Slides onto the massive cover strips? Maybe they will make use of the D-Ring as a method of attachment? Dangling from the oversized crotch piece perhaps? Who knows lol.

Aww trooper18938 we're just having fun getting a head start on the rivet counts, even if they are subject to change. This may only be one variant. Those marketing folks are clever. Why buy one new costume when you can get two at twice the price? I have no problem with it being designed a bit for ease of mass production. At least there will be no excuse for not making them screen-accurate.

Edited by gmrhodes13

I'm not clear on your argument, Trooper.  Yes they're promo shots. Are you implying that none of the R1 armor will look like this? That the mass-produced pieces (if these are) will be completely different from the screen-used armor?

I'm doubtful there as many of these larger details can be seen in the teaser trailer shots right now. With the higher-res pictures you can compare and see what is there in the actual movie shots.
* The black underarm strap

* The slash on the kidney/ ab

* The longer, codpiece

* The difference in the thighs

* The trim on the base.

* The sniper plate

* The grey paint on the TD cap

* The forearm differences

* The cover strips being thicker.

* The bells being less-rounded (showing more at the chest)

Even the even nature of the tube stripes become apparent at 1:14 of the trailer when you have the higher-res still photo to look at. 

Given the obvious wear on some of those kits, I'd assume they were screen-used then put up for promo shots. Just like Carrie at the beach in '83 and lots of stills from TFA. Promo doesn't mean, "Not movie accurate and a good resource."