elastic loops for brackets, sewn or glued?

are they sewn or glued, my rs assembly kit came with one 36" long piece of elastic, since there are 9 connections to make i figure the loops are 4 inches each, but that seems a bit too long, could someone please clear this up a little for me? thank you!

thanks! i guess ill be taking a trip to my grandmas house tonight to use her sewing machine haha, with the length of the loops would it be a good idea to just cut them out all a 4 inches giving me 9 total loops or should i size them to each bracket and cut?

Some of the elastic loops will be sewn a little smaller then others. The butt to kidney attachments can be pretty small so as to help avoid some of the butt sides flair (mine are 3/4 of an inch wide). So yes they can have some different sizing depending on your body and positioning. Most of my other ones are approximately 1 inch wide, looped. That measurment is based off of if you sew your loop lay it flat and measure its height. Hope that helps. You will have enough elastic leftover to make more if you need to make adjustments.

unfortunately i cannot get my hands on a sewing machine as my grandmas is locked in a cupboard with a missing key, can i sew them with a needle and thread? i dont know how to sew but im sure google can teach me lol

I don't think glue would be a good idea.  Zap a gap will make the area glued rigid and hard.  Sewing is your best option.  Go to a sewing/alterations shop and have them make some. 3/4 of an inch to 1 inch sizes.  Maybe even a few at 1.5 inches.

i ended up going with zap a gap, this was a while ago and its held up fine so far ive worn the suit about 4-5 times now, seems to hold really well and can also peel apart and reglue if changes are needed, will hopefully get some sewn ones oneday but this will do for now