Are the rom/fx guys still in buisness?

I have an order in the current batch as well.

Not sure why he's been having website issues lately, but AFAIK they're definitely still in business.

Note, however, that as I understand it, he does ROM/FX orders in small batches, and he's wrapping up one batch now.  He (normally) only does 2-4 batches per year, so best case, it'll likely be a few months before he does another batch.   So if you need something up and running ASAP, I'd look into the iComm or perhaps one of the iPhone app options.

I have a current order placed also. It seems that the website being down coincides with when he is fully booked with his current orders. Maybe it's possible that he takes the website down so that he doesn't end up with a backlog of emails and order requests?

I have a current order placed also. It seems that the website being down coincides with when he is fully booked with his current orders. Maybe it's possible that he takes the website down so that he doesn't end up with a backlog of emails and order requests?

That makes sense.

I have a setup with the icomm from Ukswrath but since a buddy is interest in building a suit and I have some spending money, I figured I'd try a rom/fx and I can give the extra setup to him. I'm in no rush, the icomm is great as it is. Looking into adding a tk chatter mp3 to it.

• Like 1

That makes sense.

I have a setup with the icomm from Ukswrath but since a buddy is interest in building a suit and I have some spending money, I figured I'd try a rom/fx and I can give the extra setup to him. I'm in no rush, the icomm is great as it is. Looking into adding a tk chatter mp3 to it.

I have an iComm system too.  It does a great job!  But like you, I wanted to try out the RomFx. I have heard so may good things about it. The only downside is that with the RomFx, you don't have an audio in for TK chatter.  But I've only used it a couple times on my iComm system anyway.  Just keep an eye out for when the RomFx website comes back online.  Like someone mentioned above he only does 2-4 batches a year. I have been wanting one for quite some time. I just got lucky and got in contact with him a couple weeks before he was starting a new run.

I have an iComm system too.  It does a great job!  But like you, I wanted to try out the RomFx. I have heard so may good things about it. The only downside is that with the RomFx, you don't have an audio in for TK chatter.  But I've only used it a couple times on my iComm system anyway.  Just keep an eye out for when the RomFx website comes back online.  Like someone mentioned above he only does 2-4 batches a year. I have been wanting one for quite some time. I just got lucky and got in contact with him a couple weeks before he was starting a new run.

I could swear I read the newer revision of the RomFX boards DOES have an audio in function so you can add TK Chatter.

I could swear I read the newer revision of the RomFX boards DOES have an audio in function so you can add TK Chatter.

Oh, that would be great news! I didn't hear or see that. I would love to have that option. Guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks!

Oh, that would be great news! I didn't hear or see that. I would love to have that option. Guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks!

Fingers crossed! :D

Dark CMF mentioned the ability in this thread:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36260-questions-about-romfx/

• Like 1

I also have an order in John's current batch. I asked him about the possibility for an audio input and it was not possible. Maybe someone with some electronics knowledge could find the input of the onboard amp and add another signal into it. But no standard feature on the romfx classic. I believe there was a romfx pro that could play 3 different pre programmed sound bites. These could be controlled with 3 buttons in your glove with a cable running to the romfx pro. Not really a TK chatter option.

• 3 weeks later...

Got mine last night too.  I love the fact that you can control how loud you need to talk into the microphone before it picks up anything.  So I can lightly cough, clear my throat and it won't pick any of the up, until I start talking. My iComm system picked up every noise. Loud music, excited people, PA systems all would trigger my iComm. So when I was at Star Wars night at a local baseball game I basically walked around with constant static bursts popping on and off. I eventually turned it off. Last night I tested my Rom/FX around my dogs barking and not once did it trigger the microphone. Also I love the fact that I can easily put my helmet on now too. I don't mind that it doesn't have an audio in port. I rarely play TK chatter or music anyway. I love all the customization options.  Don't get me wrong the iComm system definitely works.  But there is situations where it may not work the best.

For anyone else wondering, I got in contact with him a couple days ago. Sounds like his next batch is in two months time, got myself on the waiting list.

how would we go about getting in touch with him if we're interested in being put on the wait list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how would we go about getting in touch with him if we're interested in being put on the wait list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

email john@romfx.com

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Yes guys, still here and doing a run of my Stormtrooper ROM/FX kits right now. Drop me an email for info: john@romfx.com

Also doing a run of my Vader ROM/FX REVO kits too.

Thanks,

John :-)

Edited by TK256
  • Like 2