Anovos Standard Line Helmet Build

SpaceAF09

Just thought I'd show my build for the Anovos Standard line FO Stormtrooper helmet.  I've seen a lot of builds for custom helmets and the FO TK fiberglass helmet, but I'd like to see if anybody else has a similar build to mine. 

I used black plasti-dip to coat the inside of the helmet first.  Then I placed helmet padding inside to insulate the amount of space inside.  Big thanks to ukswrath for his FO Audio System and Cooling kit...super simple to install and works awesome.  I think it turned out well...just need to find a set of armor to go along with it and then apply for the 501st!

post-29028-0-73183100-1466347520_thumb.jpg

Edited by SpaceAF09
  • Like 3

Great work! I've done much the same. I'm just about to swap out the lenses and replace the aerators with a machined aluminium one and then I think I'm done...apart from figuring out the best location for hearing assist mics.

Great work! I've done much the same. I'm just about to swap out the lenses and replace the aerators with a machined aluminium one and then I think I'm done...apart from figuring out the best location for hearing assist mics.

I was trying to figure out how to replace that aerator also! Post pics whenever you do... Definitely interested in the process...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Amazon.com...myheartgoon tactical airsoft helmet padding. In the reviews, I read that two other people had used the same padding for their buckets.

Thanks. I found out from someone else who had the same padding on the top as you. Are you any closer to getting your armor?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'm still trying to figure out a good source to buy armor from. I might wait until Anovos releases the stand alone armor kit in August. Do you have any suggestions?

I went with Jim's kit from therpf. There was some word about fnarmor, but there was some controversy about its validity. One of the guys had a build of Jim's kit (steamboatphan) and I could see that it could work and looked good. If you haven't seen hit thread check it out. Plus the ANOVOS kit is way too expensive. Mine is in shipping now so I'm getting close to starting a build.

• Like 2

Nice! Just checked out his thread and messaged about total cost including shipping. It'd be the first time I painted something other than a wall, so I'm a little hesitant about that. But I'm excited about the build process, so we'll see!

. It'd be the first time I painted something other than a wall, so I'm a little hesitant about that. But I'm excited about the build process, so we'll see!

Chances are you'd have to paint any kit after personal alterations, so it may as well be Jimmi's

• Like 1

Amazon.com...myheartgoon tactical airsoft helmet padding. In the reviews, I read that two other people had used the same padding for their buckets.

So, I looked that up and it's showing the padding where the top of the head would go. In the picture, I was referring to the foam on the perimeter by your neck.  

So, I looked that up and it's showing the padding where the top of the head would go. In the picture, I was referring to the foam on the perimeter by your neck.

Sorry about that. That padding was actually included with the helmet. At least, it was with mine.

Misunderstood again! Yes, it's copper pipe insulation from home depot. Think pool noodle material...it was about $1.94 for 5' or 6'.

Right on. Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Just thought I'd show my build for the Anovos Standard line FO Stormtrooper helmet.  I've seen a lot of builds for custom helmets and the FO TK fiberglass helmet, but I'd like to see if anybody else has a similar build to mine. 

I used black plasti-dip to coat the inside of the helmet first.  Then I placed helmet padding inside to insulate the amount of space inside.  Big thanks to ukswrath for his FO Audio System and Cooling kit...super simple to install and works awesome.  I think it turned out well...just need to find a set of armor to go along with it and then apply for the 501st!

attachicon.gifIMG_2008.JPG

Space A,

I'm curious as to what voice system you used and how does it sound? I just purchased a Hytechtoyz FO trooper voice changer because it seemed to be the best I could find. I also plan to customize the inside of my bucket and I thank you for showing an great example of what it should look like. Any chance you can post a video clip of what your buckets voice sounds like when it's on your head?

• 3 years later...
On 11/26/2016 at 9:36 PM, dreno73 said:

Space A,

I'm curious as to what voice system you used and how does it sound? I just purchased a Hytechtoyz FO trooper voice changer because it seemed to be the best I could find. I also plan to customize the inside of my bucket and I thank you for showing an great example of what it should look like. Any chance you can post a video clip of what your buckets voice sounds like when it's on your head?

How does the Hytechtoyz sound? I really want something that sounds like a FO TK. My Icomm works great for my original TK, but not the  FO.