TD42115

AP vs RT Chest, Shoulders Comparison

Hello Troopers, 

I figured i would post this, its been a crazy 5 months since i joined the 501st. Unfortunately for in order to complete the last stage of costume evolution on my TD i needed to replace the AP chest, back and shoulders in order to close the gaps around the chest and back. Rob at RT was awesome through this process..   

A little bit of a size description, by no means am i a small man, nor am i in top physical condition (Like alot of us larger troopers), hell haven't been there since my mid 20s lol :huh:. Currently im 6'1 235LBS. 49 inch chest(under arms) /w broad shoulders, 38 inch waist. (remeasured yesterday was 39 a few weeks ago YA YA) Yeah i know a little big for a trooper, everyone says i should have been a Vader...  :vader2:

Knowing what i know now i should have waited for RT or AM2.0 in the first place. Props to AP they produce a beautiful & durable armor, I just wish it was bigger in the upper body, the new AP/Kidney plate is awesome and perfect for a 40+ inch waist with no shims at all.

Anyways here is the upper body side by side 3 weeks apart in the pictures.

AP%20RT%20Compare_zpsghkckuhh.jpg

Here are some up close pictures, before strapping and weathering of the RT parts. (As you can see my weathering changes monthly lol, life of a sandy) 

WP_20160603_13_20_05_Pro_zpsney3qtu7.jpg

WP_20160603_13_21_07_Pro_zpsndtpe1km.jpg

I decided to add the AM shoulders i picked up to replace AP as they are a much deeper shoulder bell.

WP_20160603_13_18_17_Pro_zpsjtmxnkjv.jpg

Thanks for looking.. 

Chris 

Edited by TD42115
  • Like 1

Seems like RT-MOD could be a better fit for troopers that run on the larger size, good comparison

• Like 1

Seems like RT-MOD could be a better fit for troopers that run on the larger size, good comparison

RT-Mod and AM2.0 are defiantly designed for the larger troopers in mind. The RT chest, back and shoulders, were perfect fit right out of the box..   

• Like 1

Rob's armor fit me like a glove. And he's a stand up guy. Looking good Chris! The fit looks much better. Yah! Thicker troopers looking normal!

• Like 1

What a difference good to see the side by side comparison.

Rob's armor fit me like a glove. And he's a stand up guy. Looking good Chris! The fit looks much better. Yah! Thicker troopers looking normal!

Thanks, yes i do like Robs armor quite a lot.. 

What a difference good to see the side by side comparison.

Massive difference. I look normal now lol  :huh:

Wish i knew about RT before getting my AP. It would of been a better fit for me.. Oh well.. Next build will be RT.

Who do I get a hold of for RT?

Edited by Razgriz

Thanks again for this topic Chris! I should be receiving my replacement parts from RT-Mod next month. It seems like the shade of ABS is different from AP vs RT-Mod. I hope it is not that noticeable when I put it together for my ANH-Stunt.

Like you,

I ordered new bells, back and chest. I am pretty much done with my HWT, but if I weather everything, it should blend nicely. Everything else from AP was amazing. I too wish the upper parts were bigger.

Edited by Pretzel

Thanks again for this topic Chris! I should be receiving my replacement parts from RT-Mod next month. It seems like the shade of ABS is different from AP vs RT-Mod. I hope it is not that noticeable when I put it together for my ANH-Stunt.

Like you,

I ordered new bells, back and chest. I am pretty much done with my HWT, but if I weather everything, it should blend nicely. Everything else from AP was amazing. I too wish the upper parts were bigger.

Preston, 

No problem brother, just helping us larger troopers best i can. There is a slight difference between the two. AP is more blue, RT is more cream. With the TD weathering its hard to notice, direct sunlight shows the difference though. 

Good luck on completing the HWT.

Chris 

• Like 1

DOH!!! well, that is a shame. I may need to retire my ANH Stunt if that is the case :(

DOH!!! well, that is a shame. I may need to retire my ANH Stunt if that is the case :(

Life is better on the dirty side anyways  :duim:

if its that bad you can always hit the parts with a Kylon white paint, but you shouldn't have too. 

• Like 1

Life is better on the dirty side anyways :duim:

if its that bad you can always hit the parts with a Kylon white paint, but you shouldn't have too.

This is true. Thanks man. We will see when it's all together. :)
  • Like 1