Oota goota

E11 in New Zealand

Hey all I was very fortunate this weekend to get access to a l2a3 sterling. I've been making some molds from the gun and am going for a milled aluminium barrel which is a nice way to make a replica. I've got a line on a mp40 sight and I've made some t track from a dlt project I started last year.

This sterling was bought by the NZ army (back in the 80's I think) and is distinct in that is has an additional NZ army stamp along with the usual sterling stamps.

20160617_175514_zpsxsnhcpmf.jpg

I've never picked up a real sterling before it was a real treat. The patina on the gun was beautiful I can see why people collect these :)

Anyway I'm mainly posting progress on sterling here

http://www.swnz.co.nz/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1837

but I look forward to bugging people for details and information as I bring this thing closer to an E11!

Cheers

oota

• Like 2

It looks as if Jon was using Photobucket, which no longer allows 3rd party photo hosting without paying a hefty fee.  You may want to PM him directly.

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:38 PM, darthcue said:

I cannot see the images... 

sorry Darthcue yeah photobucket to the rescue. The end of the thread has actual pics cheers!