0Fu4JCO.jpg

Thermal Detonator:

gAPUXA5.jpg

hHcjZMe.jpg

Edited by eqdizzle
added drop boxes

SkFZhTp.jpg

0mMMUGi.jpg

Did a test troop with my Rebels friends the other night.  Everything held up well, which is great.  I want to add a strap to keep the chest from sliding back, but other than that, it was a very easy suit to wear..!

• Like 1

How do you plan to set up the strap attachment to the chest to keep it from doing that? My R1TK is heavier in the back and if I move too much, the chest can ride up my neck. Do you plan on using elastic or nylon strapping for it?

6 hours ago, Parquette said:

How do you plan to set up the strap attachment to the chest to keep it from doing that? My R1TK is heavier in the back and if I move too much, the chest can ride up my neck. Do you plan on using elastic or nylon strapping for it?

I use a 2" elastic strap glued to the ab and velcroed to the near top of the chest in my Clone and it's worked out great for years. I figure I'd do the same for this one. Just be sure to use the fuzzy side on the inside of the chest armor so you don't ruin your under suit;)

4 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Congratulations on your approval Eric :D

Thanks, mate!

Gigantic thanks to Hass Dardo and Jim for designing and building the first kit, Walt for making it pretty and fixing a lot of the bugs, Francois and Imperialboots for making a brand new boot, everyone that has questioned, encouraged, or debated, Dark CMF for beginning and Daetrin and Tolo for finishing the CRL discussion, Darth Aloha and team for guiding the process of approving and publishing the CRL, Rich Heffernan for help with pics, and Chris Moody and Jessica Purkey of the 70th Explorers for cutting the pics out in Photoshop.

It takes a Legion to raise a TK.  This wasn't possible without contributions from each of you.  Thank you.

I'm very happy to see this completed; I suppose I need to get to work on fixing my pictures and building a bit better step-by-step guide to help anyone else that wants to build the Animated TK!!

• Like 1

Great job and please do build a step by step. I have no idea how to build "clone" style armor just having a ANH TK. You will save us all the effort of having to sign up on the clone detachment to figure that part out. Again, Congrats!!

10 minutes ago, zv288bot said:

Great job and please do build a step by step. I have no idea how to build "clone" style armor just having a ANH TK. You will save us all the effort of having to sign up on the clone detachment to figure that part out. Again, Congrats!!

As current DL of the CTD and CO of COR, I highly recommend you visit us at 501stclonetroopers.net and Clones of the Republic on the RL forums.  ;)  Plus, I know your GCO pretty darn well, so just know you've now been tasked with building a Clone.  Just don't build a red one.  Those are the worst  :laugh1:

I went back and did some fill of the old pics.  If there's anything missing that you'd specifically want some more info on, please let me know.  Shimming and sludging will be the big techniques required to do seamless armor.  Your forearms will get quite a workout from all the sanding as well, so prepare to get massively ripped, Popeye style.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...