Armor Kit Construction for Newbies?

I would suggest you read the threads on the board. The vast majority of the how tos contain step by step instructions, many with photos, on how to put a kit together.

I am all thumbs, knew nothing about velcro or any glue but white glues. Slowly but surely my TK kit I have made it fit me quite comfortably. B)

Ask questions of the members of the board. You will receive an answer.

Yep, Foggy has the right idea: read up on the different kits available as each has varying degrees of difficulty.

Just as a quick reference, FX and RT kits are likely the easiest to put together as they come trimmed, whereas pretty much the rest require trimming before assembly can begin. There are other things to consider, as well, such as how you want to assemble the kit - do you want to use velcro like the instructions say, or go with snaps or some other method? That decision affects how easy it could be to assemble a kit, too.

Having said that, the actual assembly is not very difficult if you do some research and figure out how you want to go about it.

Yeah besides all the great info here and the fantastic knowledge and experience of all the great people of the forum. One of the members here -Dave- TK-6044 has done a YouTube documentary on the construction of an FX kit. It's really helpful find it here-----

Have fun.

-John

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

If i buy a armor kit, is it easy to assemble it?

It's easier to assemble it if you buy it rather than if you don't have any... then it's simply impossible. :D

Seriously, read the forums (like everyone else said) and then get in touch with your local Garrison / Squad through 501st.com, go meet them, and then I'm sure they'll be happy to help if you need it.

I doubt anyone is going to just say "yes" though... we don't know you well enough to answer. ;)

The more skills you have, the quicker and easier it will be. If you do any kind of model making or have any kind of decent craftsman skills, it will probably be easier for you.

Personally, I have almost none of the above mentioned skills and I'm just finishing my kit. It's taken me just a little over 3 months. Don't get discouraged if it's slow going at first, this is a BIG trial and error process. We've all been through it, but you will run into problems that no one else has. Take your time, read, get some help from friends, contact your local garrison and introduce yourself, and most importantly have fun with it.