Got my kit today... now what?

Lailaith

Above the video. I have only done the FO helmet and needed a Dremel for that, so good call. They take some practice or you will wear away important parts. And please keep the videos coming.

Sent from Tapatalk

I haven't done any work since posting that video. I did get myself a dremel and sheers though. I feel like my next step should be warping the abdominal plate around so I can get that fit to my body. I haven't been able to find any resources or videos on how to do anything like that. I'm assuming that I would use a heat gun, but I am very worried on how that will effect the material. l also do not know how to achieve the shaping that I need to have done so I can get it to match my tiny physique. My only experience with a heat gun is from removing vinyl decals from trucks, and that was almost 10 years ago. Anyone here have suggestions for what I need to do?

Near-boiling water is a much safer technique to use in gently reshaping plastic than a heat gun. The problem will be to find a pot that's large enough.

Just got my KB kit this week, too.  I'm in the same boat...my first build, not sure where to begin but this thread has helped already :)

Also, you guys mentioned ukswrath's build thread as a reference.  Having a hard time locating it...anyone have a link?

Edited by Rookhelm

Just got my KB kit this week, too.  I'm in the same boat...my first build, not sure where to begin but this thread has helped already :)

Also, you guys mentioned ukswrath's build thread as a reference.  Having a hard time locating it...anyone have a link?

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31877-ukswraths-fotk-build-thread-tk-10116/

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for recommendations for glue and bonding materials. I see a lot of people use different things and I can't decide what types I should invest in. I know that each has its pros and cons but it's hard to find a good list of what each does, such as one is more flexible, some are more durable etc. I already picked up some E6000 (haven't used it yet). Just looking for other options. <br><br>

The next segment I'm working on is the thermal detonator so I know that won't need flexibility as other items may need. So I'm looking for something that will be strong and hold its shape.

For most section I used E6000, just a great glue if anything moves and you need to separate and remove the old glue.

For the pieces you don't want any movement from I used JB weld.

• 1 month later...

So I've been away from the forums for a while but I've been busy working on my suit. Between preparing to move 3000 miles away and my mac dying I haven't had time to edit the videos I've been taking (over 100GB now). But I figured I'd post some photo updates of my progress.

http://s345.photobucket.com/user/Lailaith/library/Stormtrooper%20build-%20First%20Order?sort=3&page=0

• Like 1