Any thoughts on RWA armour

I've just ordered a set direct from him after doing a bit of research. I narrowed it down to either RWA or RS for my first TD kit, there are quite a few build threads with this armour and I have only heard positives so decided to give him a shot.

Ross is a nice guy too, so that always helps :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wasnt rwa a recast of TM armor?

Sent fra min D5803 via Tapatalk

Nah, that was the Polish RTA

RWA is of CAP origins. Same as ATA.

• 2 weeks later...

Have seen a set of RWA armour going for sale, does anyone have experience/ thoughts or feedback on it?<br><br>

Thanks<br><br>

Bob

You can get in touch with him through the UKG mate. My kits on its way.

Depends which RWA you're talking about (there are a couple). If you're talking about Ross in the UK, I agree with the person above. Recently bought a kit off him, great kit and service, also a great help if you have any problems.

One thing I will say to anything considering him on here, Ross is mainly active on the UKG forums (ross8008) rather than these ones. So, that's where you'll see most of the work and be able to contact him.

I've just ordered a set direct from him after doing a bit of research. I narrowed it down to either RWA or RS for my first TD kit, there are quite a few build threads with this armour and I have only heard positives so decided to give him a shot.

Ross is a nice guy too, so that always helps :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Totally agree mate.
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

I'm currently considering purchasing a set of this armour in the new year so glad to see the positive feedback. I've also met Ross a couple of times and he does come over as being a nice and helpful guy.

One question for those of you with more experience than me with regard to armour builds. Would this armour be suitable for centurion with the 501st?

Edited by Thrawn's guard
  • Like 1

I'm currently considering purchasing a set of this armour in the new year so glad to see the positive feedback. I've also met Ross a couple of times and he does come over as being a nice and helpful guy.<br><br>

One question for those of you with more experience than me with regard to armour builds. Would this armour be suitable for centurion with the 501st?

Yes

Marc

The question for those of you with more experience than me with regard to armour builds. Would this armour be suitable for centurion with the 501st?

I don't know the exact count but there's at least 1 RWA centurion, probably a few more but you'd need to scan through the forum.

First I've heard of RWA. So, it's a recast of CAPv1 or CAPv2? Is it a straight recast, or did he clean anything up? Anything else on the armor that we should know about, e.g. thickness, quality, differences between other TE derived armor?

First I've heard of RWA. So, it's a recast of CAPv1 or CAPv2? Is it a straight recast, or did he clean anything up? Anything else on the armor that we should know about, e.g. thickness, quality, differences between other TE derived armor?

RWA refers to the makers initials. Ross made his own molds, he does a lot of trade over here in the uk and tends not to ship abroad, I think mainly because not many people know of his kits. My build is RWA and I'm really happy with it. Great customer service, quality, and value. They're based on the aisle of white hence the small vac formed RWA island you get with your order.

The kits come in 2mm capped abs and 1.5mm abs (which is the one I went for)

25de31ec53bd0a6160e4fd0b3be167db.jpg

Hope this helps

As posted earlier he can be contacted via the UKG.

Hope this clears things up.

Marc

Edited by CTID

Looks like Marc beat me to it.  I'll personally vouch for RWA, not that it counts for much, but I'm betting I'll not be alone.  The kit may not be well known on FISD but to jump straight to that conclusion is a touch reckless.

Looks like Marc beat me to it. I'll personally vouch for RWA, not that it counts for much, but I'm betting I'll not be alone. The kit may not be well known on FISD but to jump straight to that conclusion is a touch reckless.

I think that "recast" queerie was in refference to an earlier post about another armourer with the same initials? A bit of confusion me thinks! I think for clarity people need to know that RWA which is not recast is the RWA that is based on the aisle of white

Marc

• Like 1

Yes, I was referring to the earlier post. So it seems he is CAP derived just like ATA. My question still remains, did he make any alterations or is it direct? I know ATA made some changes and still tweaks from time to time.

• Like 1

Yes, I was referring to the earlier post. So it seems he is CAP derived just like ATA. My question still remains, did he make any alterations or is it direct? I know ATA made some changes and still tweaks from time to time.

I do know that he's always working on his bucks (?) And making improvements. As for whether the kits are derived from other kits, I don't think so. I believe they are self sculpts, but I'm not an expert in this!

Marc

RWA is one of the main respected kit providers in the UKG, also being one of the accepted armourers on their website. As for the origins of his TK moulds, I don't believe he has mentioned it publically so no-one can say for certain without asking him directly. However, I do know that he has used self-made moulds in his various projects. 

• Like 1