Ready To Begin... ANH to Commander Conversion

Hello out there!!!

Actually I have been LONGING for TKC but was too hesitated to begin becuz the rubber trim is hard to acquire until recently I got my hands on the perfect white rubber trim e24b8ddfdc459745369f164885af915e.jpg

And now seems the plan can be set in motion! :)

Today I make a quick rough comparison of my Original TK to a to-be-completed TKC

86e20b3637f17a848a546410d9bfe255.jpg

I pretty much got the picture on what to be modded... Blue painting and weathering is not a big prob... Rubber trims on their way...Re-rivet the abs,back and belt... And the biggest concern ..inverting the abs button plate. I will post my progress here once I start the conversion!

• Like 2

I've heard e6000 isn't too hard to undo, I'd you used that.

You could try lightly, cautiously, seeing if it'll give.

But why do you want to remove it? Likes like it gets painted too.

First question for the day!! Which has been gnawing me for too long... 5d8aabed22b4edfc0f639bea8f5cc0b1.jpg How do you guys manage to cut out the abs button plate safely and glue back? It was a bit risky in my sense...

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I've heard e6000 isn't too hard to undo, I'd you used that.

You could try lightly, cautiously, seeing if it'll give.

But why do you want to remove it? Likes like it gets painted too.

0ce42265063cd6fc14cbb8029fca5dc3.jpg

Cuz according to the CRL the button plate should be inverted for accuracy. I saw many ppl did it before just not so confident about it...

Aaaahhhhhhh, there ya go.

As i said, I've heard e6000 isn't hard to get loose, but i haven't tried personally.

Might see if you can slide a blade between the pieces and cut the bond.

I wouldn't use a blade off the bat, try to separate it with some dental floss or fishing line first...

Just a thought. I haven' tried that myself but my thought is that it shouldn't do any damage.

If that doesn't work you may have to get a bit more aggressive...

Edited by bobio
  • Like 2

Will be watching closely! Do your best and give some of us under aged hopefuls some inspiration! Are you going for centurion?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Thank you!! I will begin my conversion momentarily!! EIB is my shortest goal I should say, becuz removing the cover strips on my thighs and shins may take some extra time but I will make it sooner or later!

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

77829b15eca4d22287fa474a25b70fcf.jpg

And...here we are!!!!

As you may know, it is a SDS Kit and it is time to upgrade it to something pretty...

First of all Im removing the Button Plate with an Xacto...4850b1aa75398b9ae94df7ff5203472a.jpg

Its easier than I think :)!!!

f9d3b430810daca2201cb5fb933ed0e4.jpg

Trimming in progress... All return edges have to be removed

9e1887318029749b50e235d4bba2b3e3.jpg

And as you see, the abs button plate is successfully inverted :) and for the extra fifth buttom, I extended the rectangle piece using this putty 52abbe247e3c45544899ab96f5212185.jpg and cut off an extra white abs

Ia89241014bde1b946a040fd074fbcf9e.jpg

After the rubber trims, I wasted no time on spraying the blue strips and begin some weathering as trial. I think they looked pretty well so far. For the weathering scratches on the blues I used some sandpaper and Xacto knife to so the job, As for the weathering I mostly used these two 82b0d51b943632ac66f4cbe69802636c.jpg

Here is a brief video showing how I did it if u guys out there wanna know how :)

https://vimeo.com/170777852

It was kinda difficult to hold the camera while holding the pen lol... Basically what i did is I mixed the thinner and he black enamel paint down to a semi-transparent state, then apply anywhere u want. U can use a tissue to swipe off the excess and make some irregular patterns (fingers work as well) and U can also use sandpaper to further enhance it. Let me know what u guys think!

• Like 1

Awesome bro!! In my humble not-in-the-501st-opinion the weathering is a little too much, but its still awesome. Im also impressed at how you made the inverted ab plate and fith button look so easy. Do you plan on adding the black anchor-like ear decal?

Awesome bro!! In my humble not-in-the-501st-opinion the weathering is a little too much, but its still awesome. Im also impressed at how you made the inverted ab plate and fith button look so easy. Do you plan on adding the black anchor-like ear decal?

Thanks man Ill try to tone down the weathering once everything is set! And yes, Ive added the ear decal moments ago cuz I almost forgot lol!ce51b2060c1d9a53d3072d967b550322.jpg