Anovos vs fan-made (mitcheg) helmet

tkrestonva

I finally finished up my mitcheg (v1) resin helmet and trooped it for the first time last weekend at AwesomeCon. It's got the increased accuracy of the Anovos plastic helmet (including the missing undercut) combined with the solid feel of the Anovos fiberglass helmet. I'm not thrilled with my paint job (it's hard to hand paint straight lines), but overall I'm satisfied enough to make it my primary trooping helmet.

27416783471_b705965efa_c.jpg

27211767220_5b330ee98d_z.jpg

First photo is with the mitcheg, second photo is with the Anovos "Premium" fiberglass.

Of the three, the mitcheg will become my day-to-day trooping lid when I'm not trooping my OT TK. The plastic Anovos lid will get a bloody handprint and be worn for the occasions I want to troop as FN-2187. The fiberglass helmet will become a backup and/or display lid.

• Like 5

More comparison photos - mitcheg vs Anovos premier (fiberglass). Again, Anovos is on the right. Note the cracked fiberglass in the rear undercut and the separating left cheek that is all but universal to every single one of the original Alpha 75 ANOVOS helmets.

27390625162_6574c3c3f1_c.jpg

27212714500_aa1df0fea7_c.jpg

27212718840_6ff7b56db1_c.jpg

Finally, an interior shot of my mitcheg lid. I finished it out with a set of ACH pads and Echo's fan kit. Fits nice and snug like a full-face motorcycle helmet, and has plenty of airflow.

27211782920_fefe6b81fd_c.jpg

• Like 1

mitcheg's helmet is awesome :) no doubt :)

one question, would you do me a solid, and put a ruler, or tape messuere or some other measuring devise besides one of the helmets, and take a picture?? I'm realy qurious as to how "big" they are :)

Adrian

mitcheg's helmet is awesome :) no doubt :)

one question, would you do me a solid, and put a ruler, or tape messuere or some other measuring devise besides one of the helmets, and take a picture?? I'm realy qurious as to how "big" they are :)

Adrian

Sure. Which one?

doesnt realy mather, they are all abut the same size arn't they ? :)

It matters. 

The difference between anovos and fan-made is the same difference between Mrs Smith's frozen apple pie and Grandma's home made apple pie. The main ingredient is love.

• Like 2

lol :)

So true :)

Would love it if you coul​​d do it whit all of them,

But I'm guessing the anovos is the "official" one, and "should" be the right size :)

anyway, Im not out for the millimeter spesific Dimensions (althoug that would be awesome :) ) I'm after the rough give or take hight, With and Depth, so that I can tell if my Project is hedding in the right direction before I wayst to manny kilos of PLA :)

I have a mitcheg helmet that I'll be finishing with my armor.  It's an awesome helmet, and some of the other feedback on here has been that the mitcheg helmet is indeed better quality than the Anovos.  

Question - did you plastidip the inside of your mitcheg helmet?

I also just finished my mitcheg v2 helmet. For me painting was the hardest. Lots of dremeling and I had a tough time installing the lenses. I also installed a hard hat support system, which was hard to level. In the end I'm very happy with it. It may not be the shiniest but I love it. Next will be armor.

Sent from Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a mitcheg helmet that I'll be finishing with my armor.  It's an awesome helmet, and some of the other feedback on here has been that the mitcheg helmet is indeed better quality than the Anovos.  

Question - did you plastidip the inside of your mitcheg helmet?

Nah, I just sprayed it with a couple of coats of flat black paint. Makes the interior look better (IMO) and the reduced interior glare definitely makes it easier to see out of.

The downside is that Greg had signed the inside before he shipped it to me - it was his fifth cast. So I'm going to need to get him to sign it again next year at Celebration in Orlando. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the comparos! Great to have 2 helmets, as you note. Also, given how easy these can break, it seems a smart idea.

• 4 months later...

It was my first time doing such a thing. I kept having the hot glue come undone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you use high temp hot glue? I've typically used CA glue, but it's a real pain! Last time tried hot glue. Much easier, but required patience to get it to stay.