Site - stormtrooperblaster

Yes I have become aware of this site in recent months. I have actually spoken with Robert the guy who is doing the casting for all the replica parts, he makes them in hard black plastic, not resin. This is a good thing because plastic is light and strong, resin is heavy, soft, and damages much easier than plastic. Though it less expensive to fill molds with resin than plastic which explains why resin is more common. I was actually going to post a thread about the site but I didn't know if that was technically advertising or not. He is on eBay under the seller "swpropman" http://www.ebay.com/usr/swpropman?_trksid=p2047675.l2559 But he actually prefers private sales and is trying to get away from eBay so he can also be reached at swpropman@gmail.com. I have bought some products from him and the casts are clean and super accurate, and made of good quality hard black plastic.

Here is a side view of your average resin mic tips (left) and his black plastic mic tips (right). Notice the vent slits in the plastic mic tips are actually open just like the real thing, that's accurate! Notice the precise detail in the writing of the words (Hovi-Mix Pa2) just like the real thing, that's accurate! The walls on these plastic mic tips are also thinner exactly like the real thing, the resin versions have thick walls which is not accurate. The original real Hovi mic tips don't exist anymore but they were made of plastic, these too are made of genuine plastic. Only the original Hovi tips were white plastic painted black, instead these are cast in black plastic so no is paint is needed. However these are probably the absolute closest thing available to a set of real Hovi-Mix Pa2 tips.

jCpjvmg.jpg

For more photos of these mic tips and the rest of the internal parts for them look at his eBay store.

• Like 1

yep, those mic tips do look really nice..

Nice Hovis! Tagged in case I ever swap out my speaker tips...

Just to be clear I know this thread is in the ANH Blastech E-11 section and is about the www.stormtrooperblaster.com website. I'm not trying to hijack this thread with stuff about Hovi mic tips, I was only trying to show an example of his plastic work in comparison to resin parts and the mic tips are the only thing I have two of to compare. His blaster parts are also extremely accurate, great stuff! Lightweight and strong.

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

I just bought a replica Hengstler Kit from him and it is cast very beautifully and is totally accurate! It's just missing the 6 digit roll, his kit comes with a printed image of the 6 digits with the original release date of S.W. that goes behind the clear plastic window for the read out. That's ok though because I just bought a new in box vintage Hengstler (non-reset) with the correct digit roll to upgrade my Kit with! Roberts stuff is great!

• Like 2

Just installed my Hovi-Mix Mic Tips from SW Prop Man, they look amazingly accurate to the real thing once assembled. Robert's work really is impressive stuff.

Sounds like something for the list, those Hengstlers look lovley too.

• Like 1

The awesome thing about his Mic Tips in particular is that they are made of hard plastic like the real ones were, not resin. Because of this they are much more detailed and accurate than your average resin mic tips. They have actual open vents on the side just like the real thing. The text "Hovi-Mix Pa2" is clearly legible at the base of the mic tips just like the real thing. I'd swear these were original genuine parts if I didn't know any better. Only the real ones in the movie were made of white plastic and painted black on the outside by the costume designer, these are opposite. They're made of black plastic so you only need to paint the inside white for accuracy, which is ideal because it makes for a much cleaner exterior finish. The same goes for his Hengstler replicas. The real ones had a cover that was made from plastic on the front half. The rear socket half was made of cast metal in the movie, but Hengstler also made these sockets in plastic as well and many troopers today use the plastic socket version. Many of the mechanical internals were also made from plastic so these counter replicas are pretty accurate aside from the fact that they don't actually function. Though there are other 6 digit counters you could strip and put inside this replica to make it functional.

Edited by SlyFox740

• 2 months later...

i ordered almost all of Robert's E-11 parts... They are topnotch... waiting for the folding stock and bolt in the mail...

• Like 1

i ordered almost all of Robert's E-11 parts... They are topnotch... waiting for the folding stock and bolt in the mail...

Yes the folding stock is complete, very exciting!  These blasters are cast in hard black plastic, similar to kids toys and much more rugged than resin. It also produces a much cleaner cast with way better detail than resin!

I would buy one of these kits over a Doopydoos any day!

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 2

Yea, his stuff is great..

I'm slowly building up my kit, have a folding stock and bolt and a few other bits on order - and that will probably be all I need. I have Aaron's barrel, spring cup and muzzle. The rest of the bits are from Rob......

Rob put one (stock) up for me yesterday but I missed it, by the time I got to eBay it was gone.. oh well :).

Cheers

P.S. I promise to get some picks this weekend and post!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just managed to get the folding stock and bolt :)

And here is a link to a couple of close ups.. http://imgur.com/a/JrE55

Apologies the pictures could be a little better.. Took them in bad light.. I will update them when I get the stock..

Cheers Bryn

Edited by sla73
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I just received the grip assembly, bolt and charging handle from Robert. First inspection they all look and feel fantastic and Robert was great to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is the folding stock available on his store yet?

just checked his ebay store... they're not available yet. Better to send Robert a message in ebay so he can help you out and give you a hint when he will post his folding stock... they sellout very fast.

• Like 1