Rs bucket mods...

OK so it's been a while and I've collected a lot of stuff but decided it was time to start putting things together...

A bumpy rs bucket (my secondary bucket)

received_10154244392439559_zps4cjkc9uz.j

I took everything off it and out of it...

IMAG0118_zpsg8ilopry.jpg

Then 2 coats of plastidip spray...

IMAG0119_zpsgh8imot1.jpg

I decided not to split it as a) I didn't have a drill in the truck to drill the rivets out and B) I didn't have a rivet gun either...

Next I drilled holes for ear mics (by hand holding a wood drill bit and pretty much gouging it out)

IMAG0129_zps0fbemjf6.jpg

Then adapted the stereo hearing system to be more bucket friendly...

IMAG0135_zpsuvvahkar.jpg

Then rough placement to see how my big head fits with it in...

IMAG0131_zpshci38sll.jpg

Next was the wiring for my fans, I did 2 harnesses, 1 USB for my pebble and 1 for a 9v battery... I had to make 2 harnesses as the USB one needed to to in parallel and the battery one in series...

IMAG0133_zpsalvutovu.jpg

IMAG0134_zps3ywo4gut.jpg

No switches on the fans yet as I'm getting some sent over the pond...

That's pretty much where I'm at tonight and hope to get it finished this weekend... if I'm not too bogged down with other stuff...

the force? oh I'll use the force, bring me a hammer...

• Like 1

Also if you spot the tube looking thing in the rim I'll show you that next time, just something to make it more comfortable to hold...

• 2 weeks later...

OK so added a few more things, 1st some pads and a better lens

IMAG0148_zpskbqgxtmt.jpg

Next came the fans and I cut the lens to fit better plus fitted a wireless mic...

IMAG0154_zpsmrunsouh.jpg

After that I fitted my hearing system and batteries for it and earbud headphones (system is stereo) plus my pebble to power the 2 fans (this can be swapped out for a 9v battery pack if the charge runs out)

IMAG0153_zpssor2ojzm.jpg

So I think that's about it, but this will be my display bucket when the new one arrives, the fitment of all this was to see what I can get in it with my big head...

I'll also be putting heatshrink on the hearing amp when I get some to try and protect it from moisture...

OK so added a few more things, 1st some pads and a better lens

IMAG0148_zpskbqgxtmt.jpg

Next came the fans and I cut the lens to fit better plus fitted a wireless mic...

IMAG0154_zpsmrunsouh.jpg

After that I fitted my hearing system and batteries for it and earbud headphones (system is stereo) plus my pebble to power the 2 fans (this can be swapped out for a 9v battery pack if the charge runs out)

IMAG0153_zpssor2ojzm.jpg

So I think that's about it, but this will be my display bucket when the new one arrives, the fitment of all this was to see what I can get in it with my big head...

I'll also be putting heatshrink on the hearing amp when I get some to try and protect it from moisture...

Nice work!!

Just got my RS Commission, plan to change out the visor, got one from ISD. Will paint with chalkboard paint and add mesh. Not got the skills to do what you have, but may need to look into a fan or 2.

Yeah I saw the way yours fits you, wish mine fitted like that lol...

As for my skills, pretty minimal really, the things I've made could be made by a monkey tbh, it must look harder than it actually was...

And glad you mentioned the mesh I forgot to mention that, I got a plastic mesh off eBay and tried to superglue it in but the glue wouldn't stick to it! Weird...

I ended up spraying plastidip over it and that stuck it in just fine..

Yeah I saw the way yours fits you, wish mine fitted like that lol...

As for my skills, pretty minimal really, the things I've made could be made by a monkey tbh, it must look harder than it actually was...

And glad you mentioned the mesh I forgot to mention that, I got a plastic mesh off eBay and tried to superglue it in but the glue wouldn't stick to it! Weird...

I ended up spraying plastidip over it and that stuck it in just fine..

What is wrong with your lid? Plan to just guerilla tape my mesh in place.

Still waiting on my neck seal which is rather frustrating. Collected a week today and they said it would be with me this week. Desperate to get my submission pics done.

What is wrong with your lid? Plan to just guerilla tape my mesh in place.

Still waiting on my neck seal which is rather frustrating. Collected a week today and they said it would be with me this week. Desperate to get my submission pics done.

Nothing wrong with it as such, I ordered a smooth one but was given a bumpy so when I went back to have some bits trimmed Rob showed me a bucket that'd just been formed and said it was mine it just had to be put together and painted...

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone wants to replace the acetate visor here is a link to what I bought...

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Centurion-Face-Screens-Visors-Shade-3P-S603-Clear-Green-14-99-Pack-Of-3-/371656171792?_trkparms=aid%253D222007%2526algo%253DSIC.MBE%2526ao%253D1%2526asc%253D20150519202351%2526meid%253D23cb2f7afdc34af0822385f39f2e6c4b%2526pid%253D100408%2526rk%253D1%2526rkt%253D5%2526sd%253D262438558950&_trksid=p2056116.c100408.m2460

The round soft tube in the bottom rim of the helmet is armaflex pipe insulation, because it's the only one I could fund that's black...

IMAG0154_1_zpsrugozbnq.jpg

IMAG0166_zpsmacgyzs9.jpg

As you can see it just has a piece of standard garden hose in it to make it a little more rigid...

The fans seem to be sold out at the moment but if you search "4020 turbine fan" it should bring them up when they get listed again...