Shoulder Bell Advice for Weird Al Concert

My approved TK is an ESB and it does not have shoulder bell straps like ANH & ROTJ.  I have been using rare-earth magnets to help keep them in place, and they do a decent job.  I know they won't do the trick up for an upcoming Weird Al concert.  Does anyone have a suggestion on a temporary solution to the problem that I can use for just that event?  I don't want anything to complicated or expensive.  Thanks for your help. 

Lancer

How about a little doubled over white duct tape. The loop should flex enough and come back and peel it off when done.

• Like 1

My approved TK is an ESB and it does not have shoulder bell straps like ANH & ROTJ.

It should have exactly the same strapping as an ANH. You must have assembled it incorrectly to begin with so add the strap at the lower end of the bell.

I don't know why people think ESB armour is any different to ANH?

Edited by troopermaster
  • Like 3

It should have exactly the same strapping as an ANH. You must have assembled it incorrectly to begin with so add the strap at the lower end of the bell.

I don't know why people think ESB armour is any different to ANH?

The actually do not require any strapping based on the CRL's.  I tried the white elastic and was unhappy with the results.  I am a very tall trooper in costume probably 6'7".  The elastic wouldn't keep them in place.  

I will try out the tape. I have an entire roll of white duct tape at my disposal.  Thanks everyone for the advice. 

The CRL's are wrong and should be corrected. ESB armour is assembled exactly the same way as ANH because they are essentially ANH suits refurbished and reused for ESB :)

Not sure what you're having problems with? If you have the strap attached to the bottom of the bell and another one from the bell to the biceps, you should be fine. Who made your armour?

Lack of detail in the CRL doesn't make it wrong, but maybe a bit misleading for those who fail do their own research. CRL's are guidelines, not paint-by-numbers complete how-to's.

I personally believe that the CRL should be the complete GO TO LIST.  isn't that what a library is for?  Otherwise it is misleading and flawed from the outset.  A complete waste of time.

• Like 3

I personally believe that the CRL should be the complete GO TO LIST.  isn't that what a library is for?  Otherwise it is misleading and flawed from the outset.  A complete waste of time.

No, that's what FISD is for. having a complete CRL is too much to read.

The Fisd is the curator for the library.  As a shortcut, the complete EIB listing, the Centurion listing, and the CRL should be completely represented in the CRL.

If any data is inaccurate, then we've wasted our time and efforts to complete a detailed dataset. 

Telling people to wade though the thousands of posts for basic information is NOT the way this detachment should run.

I personally note the lack of shoulder bell straps on the ESB photograph model.  On some suits I'm sure the elastic pulled off, and some of the

ESB suits were reconditioned with straps mounted higher up on the shoulder bells.  We have even noted white elastic holding down the rear of some

suits in empire.  So as any new information surfaces, we should in due course update the CRL.

Oh and BTW  troopermaster has given me a like for a post in this thread!  Amazing!  I thought paul didn't like me!  LOL!  j/k.

• Like 1