TK-52849 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [Anovos] [592]

Nick Counter

TK-52849 (http://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=20834)

Sgt_Boodles

Southern California Garrison

Armor = Anovos

Helmet = Anovos

Blaster = DoopyDoos

Boots = TKBoots

Belt = TKittel

Hand Plates = Anovos (plastic)

Neck Seal = Anovos

Holster = Anovos

Front

IMG_2518_zpsgxjlnpei.jpg

Back

IMG_2520_zpsmvok8ob4.jpg

Left

IMG_2524_zps2yndsxti.jpg

Right

IMG_2522_zpsntbjaukg.jpg

Abdomen

IMG_4789_zpslbagmcy6.jpg

Action!

IMG_2527_zpsjmkkuyzm.jpg

Cod and Butt

IMG_4785_zpsnhwpqorh.jpg

Interior Strapping

IMG_4783_zps0k2alyl4.jpg

Helmet Front

IMG_4778_zpsunkr47le.jpg

Side

IMG_4780_zpssbcv5tvp.jpg

Back

IMG_4781_zpsrjxxwmzl.jpg

Hovi Detail

IMG_4779_zpsx3nsptqm.jpg

Lens Color

IMG_4782_zpszejsrnew.jpg

Blaster Left

IMG_4770_zpso1s04rha.jpg

Right

IMG_4772_zpsufmp5szy.jpg

Neck Seal

IMG_4777_zpsaog9lg8d.jpg

Thermal Detonator Back

IMG_4774_zpsmktordid.jpg

Holster Attachment

IMG_4776_zpswqjvgqop.jpg

Thanks for checking it out guys! I know the pictures aren't of great quality and background, but i hope they'll do the job. Let me know if there is anything else you would like to see.

NOTE: When I was replacing the Anovos belt with TKittel's, I placed the holes too far to the left, causing the second holster screw to be covered up when the belt is worn. Technically, I don't see anything in the CRL that would cause this to be an issue, but I'm not the one who decides these things. Just wanted to let you know that I'm aware of the weird placement.

Nice build. Only suggestion is trying to close up the gap between the back and kidney piece. Also, adjust the shoulder strap on the right (looking at the back pic) so it sits more on the armor.<br><br>

Good luck trooper!

• Like 1

Nice build. Only suggestion is trying to close up the gap between the back and kidney piece. Also, adjust the shoulder strap on the right (looking at the back pic) so it sits more on the armor.<br><br>

Good luck trooper!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm slowly converting the velcro strapping to snaps, and I've got a feeling that the gap should be covered once that section has been dealt with.

• Like 1

Hi Nick, the guys are giving you some great advise. If you could close up that gap and fix the shoulder bridge position to the back plate and submit a new photo, that would be great. We are catching up and will be onto your review shortly, the cleaner the better.

Great job by the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Nick, the guys are giving you some great advise. If you could close up that gap and fix the shoulder bridge position to the back plate and submit a new photo, that would be great. We are catching up and will be onto your review shortly, the cleaner the better.

Great job by the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The gap is usually more closed as well as the shoulder bridge, I think my posture was a little weird in the pic. I'll be out this weekend and won't have time to suit up, so if I NEED to take new pics, it may be a few days. If it's just a recommendation, as I would think it is given the CRL, I'll just leave them as is.

Hey Nick welcome to your EI review, lets get into it!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All submission photos have been posted. Your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for level 2. Welcome to Expert Infantry trooper!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections.

Great job on the armour Nick, your looking shiny and white. We have a few fitment and adjustment suggestions for you, some to get you looking your best, and some that will need to be fixed to get you on the way to Centurion.

Also we will mention the little things that can be done to upgrade the Anovos kit to even better screen accuracy.

Lets start with some simple strap adjusting.

We will cover 3 points with the image below.

Back to kidney plate: these are separating on your left side, possibly moved during the photo taking process. We are finding that the supplied Velcro strapping system can be the cause of some misalignment, so the quick fix is to shorten the strap /tighten up the Velcro.

We also think the right shoulder bridge could be sitting flat as is the left, and may have shifted during the photo shoot as well.

In this same photo below we also see the  cover strips over the top ridge of the shins. These should finish at the base of the top ridge as per the reference image underneath. It would be great if you could correct this one for your Centurion application.

IMG_2520_zpshraztfaa.jpg

Shin reference image

gallery_12157_59_18998.jpg

Your thighs look to be sitting almost on top of your shins, this cant be easy to walk around in, so raising the height by reducing the length of strapping they are attached too will sort it. We did notice you have a fair amount of return edge left in the tops of the thighs, so if they are tight fitting, reducing that will give some wiggle room and help them sit higher as well.

IMG_2518_zpsxww3m3z6.jpg

Blaster looks great, but some black paint on the charging lever and just a touch of weathering will go a long way. Remember with weathering, Less is more.

IMG_4772_zpssctp5q0p.jpg

Work in progress:::

Centurion Suggestions:

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper. This is also where we try and get you in the best possible position for a successful Centurion application.

There are a few things that will need change or adjustment as per the Lvl 3 CRL so lets take a look.

Your drop boxes appear to move around a bit in your photos. These need to be in alignment with the ends of the plastic ammo portion of the belt

For level three certification (if applicable):

• Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

They can be affixed to the canvas belt using adhesive Velcro or even a dab of glue to keep them in the correct position

IMG_2518_zpslpkz4l4x.jpgIMG_4776_zpshurnitai.jpg

Reference image

awesome%20belt_zpso21pqdi6.jpg

Bellow are some suggested upgrades to nail the overall accuracy of you beautiful armor. The finishing touches that can make all the difference if you are chasing perfection

Hovi meshin this kit is a little fine, so changing it out with a larger type is an option. We know some of the guys have cut out mesh from wire strainers to get a closer match to the originals.

IMG_4779_zpsx3nsptqm.jpg

Reference image.

f316cad4-5241-4f0a-ae1b-9bd96b67b348_zps

The Anovos supplied screws for both the ears and the Thermal Det can also be changed to the correct type.

They should be V head or counter sunk slotted style.

IMG_4780_zps4bycrpj3.jpg

gallery_12157_13_296927-crop2.jpg

Where as on the thermal det, they should be slotted pan head variety. Also painting them black gives the perfect finishing touch.

IMG_4774_zpsmyj5izjf.jpg

gallery_12157_59_134050-crop_zpsjgszd2kv

You have really done a wonderful job on this build, with only a few minor adjustments, centurion is within your grasp.

Would be really great to see that blaster finished with some weathering too.

Congratulations again Nick on a job well done., and hope to see you in Centurion review soon. :salute: