A question about thighs (AM 2.0)

Morning All

As I continue to build my AM 2.0 armor I have come across a little problem that I thought I would seek some advice on.

I would normally just add this post to my build, but it might get lost amongst everything else in there.

Anyway, as a diversion from trying to sort out my upper torso and shoulder connections, I thought I would trim up my thighs, and noticed this.

IMG_5118_zpsclaknyad.jpg

As you can see, the return is a slightly irregular, easily sorted by trimming it back to my regular width of about 5mm which I have used on most of my armor returns, however I was confronted with this.

IMG_5119_zpsdi0pvpe3.jpg

As I hope you can see, as the armor was formed it looks like the return has started to change from the regular 90 degree angle to almost lying flat with the outer edge, it would not normally bother me, but the area is at the front and not at the rear, where I expect to trim some out for better mobility.

My question is, should I try to form a correct 90 degree angle with my sealing iron, or am I just being picky, I am thinking it will look more pleasing if the angle is 90 degrees..... I tend to overthink the small details, which explains how after many many months, I have still not finished my build.

Oh, and while I am at it, I have trimmed the front raised area to 20mm on each side, when applying the cover strip is it preferred to get it to follow the actual edge of the raised area as much as possible ?

IMG_5117_zps71prylbd.jpg

That's about it, as always any and all feedback is appreciated.

You're being very picky on the return edge. The only people who will even see it are less that 2 feet tall, and who cares what they think?<br><br>

Trim the front raised section so that the cover strip covers it as close to exactly as possible. So if you have a 25mm cover strip, you want about 12mm on either side.