tubestripes...

They look a little low. Just a little. It's referenced that they're a pencil width away from side of face. If you ask me leave them and only move if Sly or Tony recommend in your EIB application. Good luck!

They look a little low. Just a little. It's referenced that they're a pencil width away from side of face. If you ask me leave them and only move if Sly or Tony recommend in your EIB application. Good luck!

They look perfectly low to me towards the front, the back right (from tk perspective).. not so much..

i put my tube stripes on the wrong sides didn't i...

how do i remove them!

do i need to remove them? does it really matter?

all help appreciated 

attachicon.gif.........png

Just get a exacto knife, carefully peel the edge of the first three/four on each side, then you can completely remove them (place them on baking paper to keep the stickiness while peeling others), and swap them with the other side. It should look fine after that.

BTW, is that a RS bucket? looks super-neat  :)

Edited by GandalfTheImperial

Are they painted on or decals?  Unfortunately, yeah, it looks like they are on the wrong sides.  I made the exact same mistake as you, only I had painted my stripes on.  I sanded them off and re-applied with a sponge and stencil.  A little bit of work, yes, but not impossible to correct.  

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36229-crickets-hero-build-deep-breath-lets-do-this/page-4

If these are decals, then just peel 'em off and reapply!  :)  Good luck, trooper!

unfortunately, they are painted on and yes its an rs bucket, my first ever build, i think i will just leave it until my application's as i am happy with them, i was using this trooper as reference as you can see his tubes start to get further away than a pencil towards the back of the tubestripes on our right

post-26314-0-86511900-1465088585_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrSnrub

unfortunately, they are painted on and yes its an rs bucket, my first ever build, i think i will just leave it until my application's as i am happy with them, i was using this trooper as reference as you can see his tubes start to get further away than a pencil towards the back of the tubestripes on our right

attachicon.gif999.jpg

If you ever apply, and have to change them, get mineral turpetine, really, really rubs off enamels/testors without effecting the gloss of the plastic.

• Like 1

If you ever apply, and have to change them, get mineral turpetine, really, really rubs off enamels/testors without effecting the gloss of the plastic.

thanks i'll keep this in mind! and its not if i apply, its when! haha

I really can't see anything wrong. Tube stripes were hand painted on ANH helmets so there was no "side" to get wrong. The left one on mine also isn't as tight at the back due to the template not wanting to curve on that tube. Not one person even noticed.

I really can't see anything wrong.

The tube stripes should be sloping forward slightly at the top. The decals or templates are made a certain way and they have been applied to the wrong side in this case. While they may not affect any applications of EIB or Centurion, it is advisable to do things correctly so others do not follow your mistakes. Even some armour makers are selling assembled helmets with the tube stripes upside down without realising the mistake.

Edited by troopermaster
  • Like 2

The tube stripes should be sloping forward slightly at the top. The decals or templates are made a certain way and they have been applied to the wrong side in this case. While they may not affect any applications of EIB or Centurion, it is advisable to do things correctly so others do not follow your mistakes. Even some armour makers are selling assembled helmets with the tube stripes upside down without realising the mistake.

Hopefully you don't do it as I'm buying armour with built helmet from yourself haha

Move along, move along

Ill bare this in mind in my next build.

• 6 months later...