Stormtrooper gloves

Personally, I don't like the rubber gloves and have used Mechanix M-pact gloves for the past 14 years, but my 2nd pair is getting worn out. I like the fact I can pick up objects with this type of glove. <br>

So now am searching for another good tactical or mechanic glove with little luck. Mechanix no longer makes the M-Pact MMP-05 but instead has replaced it with 12 newer versions and thus has writing or rubber guards on the fingers so it does not give the outer appearance of Stormtrooper gloves. <br>

Any suggestions?

I have been using these on troops. Gorilla Grip Gloves They are breathable on the backside of your hand but have a rubbery texture on the inside (palm area). No more sweaty hands! When I shake people's hands or give them a high 5 they feel the rubbery texture too. They also are form fitting so you have a ton of dexterity. You can buy them at Home Depot also. I'm wearing them in my signature pic below. 

Edited by Squimspickle
  • Like 4

• 8 months later...

As a suggestion if you are going the rubber glove route, wear some cloth under gloves inside. I get chemical gloves one size too big and wear brown jersey gloves inside. Then when I take them off, I squirt a little glove powder inside my chemical gloves for next use.

• Like 1

Black Nomex flight gloves.  Sooo comfy.  Very good tactile feedback.

Available all over the place.  I've been told the ones at this link are great (tho mine came from elsewhere), and this is among the cheaper prices I've seen:

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I found the Gorilla Grip gloves but when I tried them on they looked almost like mesh.  Breathable yes but you could easily see my flesh underneath.  I don't know how they could be approved.  I did already buy a set of rubber gloves but I'm gonna order a set of the Nomex and be done with it.

I found the Gorilla Grip gloves but when I tried them on they looked almost like mesh. Breathable yes but you could easily see my flesh underneath. I don't know how they could be approved. I did already buy a set of rubber gloves but I'm gonna order a set of the Nomex and be done with it.

For me, I see that mostly on the top of my hand where the hand guard covers and not too much of a big deal. Nomex is good though and I'll probably upgrade as well eventually.

• 1 month later...

I will have to try a pair of the Gorilla Grip gloves.  I got the black rubber gloves now but my hands were drowning in sweat after 5 minutes.  I can not imagine trooping all day with them on.

I have trooped the rubber gloves for 6-7 hours straight and my hands were prunes...but the smell....GOOD GOD THE SMELL!!! I need something else for Non-LFL events, so I'm glad I found this thread. I'm pretty sure I have some black nomex in my garage somewhere.

• 1 month later...

I found the Gorilla Grip gloves but when I tried them on they looked almost like mesh.  Breathable yes but you could easily see my flesh underneath.  I don't know how they could be approved.  I did already buy a set of rubber gloves but I'm gonna order a set of the Nomex and be done with it.

You won't get approved in the Gorilla gloves, i just use them for troops.  Your handguard covers most of the top of your hand anyway.  Nobody notices your hands when your wearing white shiny armor!  Next to the armor they look full black. But hey if you don't like no worries.  What works for some may not work for others.  Being as comfortable as you can is the key.

Edited by Squimspickle

• 3 weeks later...

For those who have used Nomex, what did you attach the hand plates with? I try a spray adhesive and E6000 and neither of them worked. Any other ideas??

I tried E6000 as well and it did not work at all. I use regular SuperGlue and it worked perfectly. I have even ran my gloves through the washing machine and the hand plates are still perfectly attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who have used Nomex, what did you attach the hand plates with? I try a spray adhesive and E6000 and neither of them worked. Any other ideas??

If you have latex hand guards, not sure why the E-6000 isn't working.  You might want to try it this way:  Slide a piece of wax paper inside (important).  Use a liberal amount of the glue, spread it around (but not too close to the edges), place it on the glove, and put a fairly heavy flat weight on it for 24 hours.  The glue needs to "soak" into the fabric to properly bond with it.

If you have silicone hand guards, use clear silicone in place of the E-6000, and use the same steps.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried E6000 as well and it did not work at all. I use regular SuperGlue and it worked perfectly. I have even ran my gloves through the washing machine and the hand plates are still perfectly attached.

I used E6000 to glue my latex plates from JustJoseph and it has worked great.

20160908120625-d4a641e4-me.jpg

• Like 2

For the Nomex gloves I used sew-on Velcro for the glove side, and industrial adhesive-backed Velcro inside the ABS hand plates.

Works great, and allows you to secure the gloves with a rubber band on a mannequin before putting on the forearms. Keeps them from slipping down when on display.

Just bought a pair of Gorilla Gloves last night, learned something neat. I colored the white printing with a sharpie (not necessary because guards cover it, but wanted it less obvious) but after a few minutes, the print lifted off the gloves, all peeled completely off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

If you are looking for gloves that will not only fit well, but "breathe", I suggest these: ebay

The palms are leather, but the backs are cloth.  This allows you to glue any sort of (latex or silicone) hand guards on and has the advantage of the wrist being extra long which prevents them from slipping out from underneath your forearm.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2017 at 4:51 AM, justjoseph63 said:

If you are looking for gloves that will not only fit well, but "breathe", I suggest these: ebay

The palms are leather, but the backs are cloth.  This allows you to glue any sort of (latex or silicone) hand guards on and has the advantage of the wrist being extra long which prevents them from slipping out from underneath your forearm.

Thanks for the recommendation and link, ordered a pair. 

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 3 months later...
On 6/2/2016 at 6:25 AM, Squimspickle said:

I have been using these on troops. Gorilla Grip Gloves They are breathable on the backside of your hand but have a rubbery texture on the inside (palm area). No more sweaty hands! When I shake people's hands or give them a high 5 they feel the rubbery texture too. They also are form fitting so you have a ton of dexterity. You can buy them at Home Depot also. I'm wearing them in my signature pic below. 

How are you securing the armor to the back of the glove? also how do you hid the yellow?