Darth Aloha

SE-14 or I don't like you either

Maybe I'm a crappy Star Wars fan but here is something I've never noticed.

Ponda Baba's dead arm carried the promo trooper's SE-14 with random wires and minus the scope. How cool is that?

Feel free to pile the "yeah yeah we know"'s on me. 

StarWars-SE-14C2_zpsiebsk3ln.jpg

-Eric

• Like 3

I never noticed it. That is awesome. Of course, the scope could have broken off during the brief disagreement with Ben...

*Ahem*

That's the SE-14C version. ;)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/SE-14C_blaster_pistol/Legends

Actually the C seems to have two scopes but this one on the floor of the cantina does not. 

-Eric

Actually the C seems to have two scopes but this one on the floor of the cantina does not. 

-Eric

If you read the article I linked you'll notice it refers specifically to that scene. :P

I wouldn't trust the generic pictures of the article though since we know that not all props were photographed properly before being modified into a different model for another scene.

If you read the article I linked you'll notice it refers specifically to that scene.  :P

I don't like you either.

-Eric

• Like 1

Maybe I'm a crappy Star Wars fan but here is something I've never noticed.

Haha! This is how I feel when I see something new. My family on the other hand call me obsessed. 

• Like 2

interesting wafle fabric as background ;)

I don't know why you would carpet a cantina floor in mos eisley. It'd be like carpeting a McDonald's kitchen.

• Like 3

eeeaaaasy... Obi Wan swung twice. first swing takes out evazan's hand AND the scope on Ponda's blaster. return swing takes out Ponda's arm.... Yeah, that sounds right. That will now be my official headcannon for that scene...

I'm thinking that the flooring is actually a metal grid dropped into the sand. Look at the top, left of the picture.

Having spent a bit of time living in such conditions, I can assure that an un-controlled sand floor is a serious pain in the walrus man teeth to deal with. This is especially true when you're trying to have wiring and things like it criss-crossing the area to supply power to different things. It also assists with keeping local inhabitants of the small and crawly kind from venturing into your area.

The metal grid keeps too much of the floor from shifting around and can be used to provide channels for wiring and things like that. Nowadays, we have what was called "Bike Track" flooring which is plastic snap together plates that have snap in covers for wiring channels.

• Like 3

Also, for the record, color me with the same crappy Star Wars fan crayon. I'd never paid any particular attention or noticed it either. :D