Thermal Detonator? so Confused

FN-3181

They won for the same reason Charlemagne lost in the Philippines. Take heavily armoured soldiers with crap visibility into a forest / jungle and let the native population who are familiar with every rock and tree and and can get in under the soldiers line of sight, have no high tech to show on scanners, have thousands of hands willing to set traps....and soldiers die.

Charlemagne was beaten back and defeated by, to him, tiny people with sticks, stones, and.knives. who ended up teaching jason bourne how to fight :-).

Troop a massive kids party. When they swarm and you cant see any of them running around your feet, understand how the ewoks won you will. Im sure vader would have bombarded from orbit but wanted luke alive.

And for the Win!!

Thanks

• Like 1

Grenades can look a lot of different ways.

And no, it's not any O2 thingy. R2-D2 uses a clonetrooper version to blow up some stuff in an episode of the clone wars. That makes it canon that it's a grenade (thermal detonator).

that makes it canon that clonetroopers had grenades :-)

i'm calling my FOTK a filter assembly.  just filters out smoke, not toxins.  stupid First Order.

They certainly used the droid caller as a base for it. Just changed some details. I guess it's more like the difference between a DH-17 and an E-11.

edit: after looking at some more pictures, It's appears to be based more on Luke's droid caller than Han's.

Edited by Vatta

no lights in the film.  No lights on a replica costume.

If you add lights or sound to the TK outside the film. then it's not a stormtrooper.

Edited by TK bondservnt

no lights in the film.  No lights on a replica costume.

If you add lights or sound to the TK outside the film. then it's not a stormtrooper.

First of all:

Tk's don't exist in star wars. Therefore praising tk's a stormtroopers are ridiculous.

Second of all:

Have you seen rebels, games, Ralph Mcquarrie, or toy license holders such as PlayArts?

Stormtrooper is a name, outside the film, it's still a name for armors. First order has stormtroopers with light up blasters.

You do understand "Ideal" right?

We understand your love for the original trilogy, but you guys need to stop being arrogant.

Look at this ideal stormtrooper from playarts. I guess they got the star wars license for nothing, huh?

10319183.jpg

Sorry for being harsh, but i don't understand what you guys have against anything that isn't liz moore's or brian muirs work.

You guys act like the basic design of a stormtrooper can't be altered, as if you're the people who created star wars.

Stormtroopers are stormtroopers, enough said.

They don't relate to the specifications you people put out, it's just a name.

You don't say marines dressed out of their uniforms "Aren't Marines"

See my point?

Edited by GandalfTheImperial

Gandalf - Whereas I enjoy a good pot stir as much as the next guy, I think Lichtbringer nailed it. 

The 501st is about replicating a specific thing, other things are not that thing. We play here because we want to recreate and discuss that thing. One can cosplay any unorthodox variation they want in many situations but continuity and symmetry is what makes the Legion what it is and what makes it attractive to most of us.

The military is all about regulations and standards. The Empire, though fictional, portrays a vast professional military with extremely high standards and unforgiving leadership. It stands to reason that even though it's fictional, the uniform standards would be very rigid. Having a non-standard weapon or some random bling on their armor would be considered "out of uniform" shall we say. 

Now, just to play devil's advocate... could there be specialized, elite Imperial units who are allowed to use non-standard weapons, off-world thermal detonators and wear whatever they need to accomplish the mission? Probably. They wouldn't be canon at this point, but it's certainly intriguing and possible and the a few strokes of a writers keyboard could make it so. 

Edited by Addertime

Gandalf - Whereas I enjoy a good pot stir as much as the next guy, I think Lichtbringer nailed it. The 501st is about replicating a specific thing, other things are not that thing. We play here because we want to recreate and discuss that thing. One can cosplay any unorthodox variation they want in many situations but continuity and symmetry is what makes the Legion what it is and what makes it attractive to most of us.

The military is all about regulations and standards. The Empire, though fictional, portrays a vast professional military with extremely high standards and unforgiving leadership. It stands to reason that even though it's fictional, the uniform standards would be very rigid. Having a non-standard weapon would be considered "out of uniform" shall we say. 

Now, just to play devil's advocate... could there be specialized, elite Imperial units who are allowed to use non-standard weapons and off-world thermal detonators? Probably. They wouldn't be canon at this point, but it's certainly intriguing and possible and the a few strokes of a writers keyboard could make it so. 

I'm not part of the 501st per say, I was just stating stormtroopers was a name, a title, and shouldn't relate to a specific armor, since stormtroopers (merchandise etc.) are in no-way directly lined to that of the movie look.

Thinking stormtroopers as of something only seen in movies, is "arrogant" and if close the hypocritical, since again, Ralph Mcquirre first visualized it. as most of the people on here don't even have the right to say whats a stormtrooper and what's not.

What I'm saying is, i don't think stormy's should go by the 501st's definition and preferred look.

Stormtroopers are a title/name. They don't have to be canon-looking, to be a stormtrooper

Edited by GandalfTheImperial

I'm not part of the 501st per say, I was just stating stormtroopers was a name, a title, and shouldn't relate to a specific armor, since stormtroopers (merchandise etc.) are in no-way directly lined to that of the movie look.

Thinking stormtroopers as of something only seen in movies, is "arrogant" and if close the hypocritical, since again, Ralph Mcquirre first visualized it. as most of the people on here don't even have the right to say whats a stormtrooper and what's not.

What I'm saying is, i don't think stormy's should go by the 501st's definition and preferred look.

Stormtroopers are a title/name. They don't have to be canon-looking, to be a stormtrooper

It's all context. If this was a military history forum discussing WWI infantry tactics, the term would mean something different. 

This forum is about recreating props and costumes of the Imperial Stormtroopers as shown in the Star Wars films (mostly). Each of us sees a variation on the theme based on film preference but in this context and on this forum, the word "stormtrooper" really does mean something very specific. 

It's cool that you have a broader interpretation and being a sci-fi  fan and builder of random things, I appreciate that. There are plenty of forums, like RPF, where those ideas would probably be better received. Jus' sayin'. :)

Edited by Addertime
  • Like 2