Advice on helmet fans?

I am working on my first build so I do not have any trooping experience. Helmet fans seem to be popular and I live in an area where Summer's will be 100+ degrees so it seems like it would be a good idea for me so I'm looking for recommendations / advice for picking a system. <br><br>

-noise factor. As quiet as possible would be preferable as I'm mildly hard of hearing to begin with<br>

-batteries vs rechargeable usb power source (or both)<br>

-ease of install and placement<br>

-easy use on/off switch

There are a few people on here that produce helmet fan kits, they are all pretty much use the same parts (fans and the like)

I will say if you are hard of hearing (even if you aren't) you should look into picking up a hearing assist system. The plastic blocks a lot of sound even for those of us with good hearing. These systems help a lot. It's essentially made up of two small mics, motherboard/soundcard and headphones, makes hearing things much easier as you can adjust the volume.

I would link it, but for some reason this computer doesn't like FISD, and links don't tend to work. Take a look in the Imperial Commissary/PX under  the Ongoing Sales and Project Orders.

Edited by Jinsei

There are a few people on here that produce helmet fan kits, they are all pretty much use the same parts (fans and the like)

I will say if you are hard of hearing (even if you aren't) you should look into picking up a hearing assist system. The plastic blocks a lot of sound even for those of us with good hearing. These systems help a lot. It's essentially made up of two small mics, motherboard/soundcard and headphones, makes hearing things much easier as you can adjust the volume.

I would link it, but for some reason this computer doesn't like FISD, and links don't tend to work. Take a look in the Imperial Commissary/PX under  the Ongoing Sales and Project Orders.

Being a little biased here but here's a link to one stop shopping  ;)

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35211-ukswraths-go-to-thread/

That's awesome. You should post that info and pictures on my SHA sales thread so if anyone else wants to do the same they know how. 

Edit: Shameless plug, so couldn't help myself.

Shameless plugging Tony :laugh1:

Side note: I hooked up a Bluetooth receiver to your SHA and works great with Bluetooth ear buds.

Which bluetooth ?

I'll link/take pictures of what I bought when I got home and post it up in Tony's sales thread. I just picked up a cheapish Bluetooth transmitter/receiver that plugs into the 3.5 mm aux port on the board.