E11 blaster start

There are different types of scope rings ''Modern'' and ''old''

Both RB17

I got this info from a RPF member, that is desperetly searching for any source (me included ofc)

So, while i'm not 100% certain myself ... i based my knowledge on the scope ring of this member who seems to know what hé's talking about.

Afaik, like i said ... still lurlking in the dark :) , and open to knowledge and input.

Still need the basic ''how's'' on the MGC for that mather.

I'm not 100% certain... and got cash in my pocket to spent ''haha''

Just want to make a nice rotj blaster, like i did my ANH thanks to FISD members.

Hoping the same for this project.

''I aint the expert''

Edited by Tr00per

Some pics to show what i mean.

On the first view these 2 sets look similar.

20160618_220826_zpscyfs2flp.jpg

Also on the second:

20160618_220859_zpswgsghiuq.jpg

But one set has a groove on the outer rounded section.

20160618_220956_zpsyaz0pgho.jpg

And the the version i used on the Han Solo ROTJ i made:

20160618_221053_zpst6vsv68j.jpg

It has bigger screws

20160618_221139_zps5hldmp4g.jpg

From the side the fastening knobs look close.

20160618_221206_zpsx65kdmgv.jpg

But from another direction it can be seen the dome is much more prominent on one version.

20160618_221311_zpsoxiwl3py.jpg

But all of these vintage ones have the solid foot clamp, not the stamped sheetmetal as seen on the above pic. And all have slotted screws for the halfs.

Edited by Lichtbringer
  • Like 1

RB17 eh? Interesting, I thought the originals were Parker Hale rings. Never knew an actual model number though. But I do know Parker Hale rings use that thick footclamp piece...

The person who said it was a Rb17 is Boba Dept from RPF.

So what part is it ?
Where does one find one.

But he also said.

''Yes, this style used to be sold under many brand names such as but not limited to NCStar, Tasco, Simmons, Baska, etc.

NCStar recently re-issued them and I thought they would be around longer. had I know they were going to discontinue them I would have bought enough to do a couple future runs''

So euhmmm where do i find the correct part ?

Edited by Tr00per

I´m afraid you need to search the usual suspects for the vintage rings.

Not wonna correct BD, but for me they look wrong.  Better check all pics you can find, esspecially have a look on the fastening knob, it´s dome shape, and esspecially it´s knurling.

You can take the shortcut and use inaccurate rings that look close (well, sort of), or try to find the correct ones, which may take more time. But under the line you´re on a better start than me ..... none of my Sterlings is a MGC.  :D

Edited by Lichtbringer

This guy has metal parts

http://shpws.me/LZRh

Maybe but the parts aren't really accurate. Also it mean 90$ just for the three side greeblies. Scope and scope rail aren't even available in metal because the price would extremely high (i.e: 240$ for the U-tracks in metal. Better make your own from metal sheets).

Edited by The5thHorseman

I think I'm going to order the "door catch/latch" greeblie in metal and see how it is. The scope rail would be cool to have in metal, it's quite a difference compared to plastic, mine is metal. And the U-tracks price is huge, indeed better to make your own. Need to take a look at his other offerings, like the ANH E-11 cylinders.

I think I'm going to order the "door catch/latch" greeblie in metal and see how it is. The scope rail would be cool to have in metal, it's quite a difference compared to plastic, mine is metal. And the U-tracks price is huge, indeed better to make your own. Need to take a look at his other offerings, like the ANH E-11 cylinders.

His door latch greeblie is not bad at all indeed. The MGC hammer and scope rail aren't perfect though, especially the hammer

Funny thing is - the rail might be a real Sterling rail, put on a MGC (i believe it´s a machined copy, but the real ones look that way, too).

The pic of the screenused MGC from above shows clear it´s a small flange with small slotted screws, like the 4 rings from my pics (not the one used on Han´s blaster).

The little white spot left on the knob may indicate it is the version with the ring on it.

''Lichtbringer'' You aint happen to have a spare ring ?

Not atm, sorry.

2 are from my Chewie bowcaster, 1 i need for my "i hope to get a MGC into my greedy hands" - and the 4th maybe for the Han Blaster if i find out the now used is wrong for it.

Seems i lost the second of the Han Blaster version, can´t find it anymore.

All of them i got with vintage scopes, the 2 correct sets i got with singlepoint scopes.

Funny thing is - the rail might be a real Sterling rail, put on a MGC (i believe it´s a machined copy, but the real ones look that way, too).

The pic of the screenused MGC from above shows clear it´s a small flange with small slotted screws, like the 4 rings from my pics (not the one used on Han´s blaster).

The little white spot left on the knob may indicate it is the version with the ring on it.

I don't think they are the same, Took some quick picture's

cdV2gRp.jpg

t6h5GgJ.jpg

ws2c2O7.jpg

No worries Lightbringer, if i can find a MGC, i'm sure i can find a scope ring sooner or later :)

Sterling didn't have these scope rails untill the (around 80's) with matching holes in the reciever tube.

''Semi auto firing models ''wise lite arms''

ulxRUCV.jpg

Edited by Tr00per
  • Like 1

There aint no others :) for a MK4 Sterling.

''Aldo''

Sterling worked quite closely with Singlepoint for a time, and experimented with several different mountings of the Singlepoint sight.

However, the combination was never marketed by Sterling.

Nor does it look alike what you might think that sit's on a MGC.

Edited by Tr00per

I think you ment this site.

http://www.geocities.ws/psarms/SALiterature/SA-9mmWeaponsBrochure.pdf

They list the same scope rail as i've showed :)

The door greeblie is being made atm..

Thanks Vern, for the suggestion.

I'll let you, and others know how it turned out when it arrivés, in this thread.

Edited by Tr00per

• 2 weeks later...

Give it a good sanding and it should be good.

If you're really ready to put the price, I have the MGC hammers and the rest of the ROTJ greeblies modelled in 3D. I could upload them on Shapeways if you want?

Very nice. I ordered one as well. How does it feel in hand? Which version is this one: polished steel, matte black steel? It looks like it needs some sanding or is just the close-up photo?