Happy Birthday Gaz!

Dark PWF

I would be remiss if I were to let this day go by without sharing something that I heard from a not so little bird earlier.

What I heard is that today is Steve Gaza's birthday. Some of you may not be familiar with him, but Gaz (Gazmosis here at FISD) is a former Deployment Officer and overall helpful and awesome guy extraordinaire. He was the first person to greet me here when I joined the Detachment forums a few years back and he awarded me both my EIB and Centurion awards. He set the tone for me and my relationship with the Detachment, and I'm forever indebted to him for what he helped me to realize and achieve with his warm welcome and un-defeatable spirit of Troopers Helping Troopers!

His presence here may be less consistent than it once was, but his influence and impact endure and even grow here every day.

Thank you Steve, for everything, and I offer my best wishes to you that today will be spent surrounded by friends and loved ones in celebration of you. Happy Birthday, brother!!

• Like 7

• 5 months later...

Well this is incredibly touching. And also I am ashamed that it took me so long to see this. I was searching for another thread and happened upon it. Thank you for all the well wishes. Blessings to all of you!

• Like 2