Pyrates and the March to EIB & Centurion

Pyrates

Thanks kindly for the heads up Dan! Might end up just purchasing a doopydoos if my modifications to my blaster don't get me there. Truly awesome to hear from you again Captain!

Doopy will get you EIB, not centurion... That's why I gave the heads up on the mods you're doing.

• Like 1

Doopy will get you EIB, not centurion... That's why I gave the heads up on the mods you're doing.

I have a QuestDesignCanada blaster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can't get Hyperfirm across the border due to our import laws.

Me thinks it time to get in touch with Andrew and Tony in regards to this.

• Like 1

We can't get Hyperfirm across the border due to our import laws.

Me thinks it time to get in touch with Andrew and Tony in regards to this.

Same as my friend, I'm not sure it'll centurion approval... Hopefully, but we will see I guess...
  • Like 1

Im not sure the Doopy Doos kit is unapproveable for Centurion. Pretty certain ive seen them in Centurion submission threads.

Sent from my SM-J100Y using Tapatalk

• Like 1

From the CRL....<br><br>

For level two certification (if applicable):<br>

Folding stock (does not need to function).<br>

A real or replica ammo counter - based off of a Hengstler counter - shall be present.<br>

D-ring mounted on the rear.<br>

Sterling based blasters have the correct M-38 or M-19 style scope.<br>

Two power cylinders on the magazine housing.<br>

Scratch-built, resin cast, Hyperfirm rubber cast blasters shall have a total of 6 T-tracks on blaster (leaving the lowest row on the magazine housing side uncovered).<br>

If using the Hasbro E11 toy blaster, it is modified to have the correct number of T-tracks (6 total), with a lower row of open vent holes on the magazine housing side.<br>

This is accomplished by covering the pre-existing rows of holes with T-tracks, then grinding off the lower integrated T-track on the magazine housing side, and drilling a new row of holes in its place.<br>

No ESB/ROTJ greeblies are allowed on the blaster.<br>

For level three certification (if applicable):<br>

Hasbro blasters are not allowed, even conversions.

Im not sure the Doopy Doos kit is unapproveable for Centurion. Pretty certain ive seen them in Centurion submission threads.

I doubt it. No toy conversions allowed for centurion. Says so explicitly in the crl. I used an e-11 from the vendor in Barrie.

I doubt it. No toy conversions allowed for centurion. Says so explicitly in the crl. I used an e-11 from the vendor in Barrie.

No conversion kits are allowed for centurion. Order an e-11 from Brett fulford in Barrie.

Thanks mate!

Yes my blaster is not a conversion- it's a resin cast.

I will keep Brett in mind if things don't work out - überly appreciated

• Like 3

Jumping the blaster a bit but here is pics of my current blaster my friends - all of it meets the CRL requirements - however the back sight/range finder is mounted backwards which will need some bonding and filing to make it accurate. I intend to add glass sights and clean up some of the rough spots. I will also be weathering it to add to the magic.

21fb96ecee22f9beb0929e5d35faaff6.jpg

2db5abcc3936261b4cec548b6281a91a.jpg

f3512aff0a535fb45264d627e466f5d1.jpg

(M-38 printed on the top of the scope)

a3c44c6f941926c77841a90cd8475a6a.jpg

0e7c418cf7c9a9e2f33d7da308a1669d.jpg

1813c6640ee1232ba9652b20128abc2a.jpg

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1

Will we be seeing a modding thread Mr P?

Marc

I'm going to post my work on the blaster here, once it's been approved by the bosses then I will do a mod thread for future troopers.

No sense in writing all that stuff up if its not going to be approved as I don't want to misdirect anyone

I see you guys were referring to the Doopy Doos conversion of the Hasbro which is not Centurion approvable. I was referring to the full resin DD kit which shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 3

I see you guys were referring to the Doopy Doos conversion of the Hasbro which is not Centurion approvable. I was referring to the full resin DD kit which shouldn't be a problem.

All good brother!

• Like 1

DoopyDoos does sell a full E-11 resin kit, not just conversion kits.

Edit: Pyrates beat me to the punch :-)

Edited by Obsidius
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Alright my friends, I must apologize - due to a shortage on funds and available parts I haven't been able to progress through this thread the way I had intended to.

I wanted to complete my ab section with a new properly cut ab button plate.

So instead I will begin showing my work to bring my QuestDesignCanda blaster up to standard.

Progress will be posted soon!

• Like 1