Pyrates and the March to EIB & Centurion

Pyrates

Progress continues! During my build I neglected to put abs backing to the connection sides on the kidney and ab. Time to correct that and get these bad boys together again with the 1mm rubber matting, rivets and snaps.

e4091b265dc4b86d073ebd974fe14a96.jpg

cb73e88a9f637453f03990cd12f2be9f.jpg

• Like 2

Man, reading over this thread again I have to say, congrats on the weight loss! You must be proud and amazed to be trimming off that much kidney plastic. Really happy for you. Now, does part of the secret to your weight loss include wearing a white plastic sweat suit!?!

• Like 2

Yes, it helps - I have a physically demanding job - most of my weight loss comes from cutting out the bad stuff in the diet.

• Like 2

Look! There's a rebel scum on my armor! It appears that my 22mm x 22mm notch is a little to accurate to measurement and not to the armor.

7f30d2b08d946c79648e38584740e258.jpg

bf77b27b888367c702c2c7f957530f69.jpg

My green line, granted, isn't the straightest but you get the idea - it was time to PM the mentor to confirm my next plan of attack on that nasty looking notch.

64a79f63a2800e3cb7564d0c6151bbfd.jpg

• Like 2

Now just a little paint, some paste to replicate the return edge on the notch and the Kidney will be "Something, something Dark side, something, something, Complete" Bawhaahaahaahaaaaaa

https://youtu.be/0oGMbAIcXCQ

44c130aae0b2684ad7a899054070d9e8.jpg

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1

I'm late to the party... my cycle apparently needed gas. :D

Awesome news about the weight drop - and having to go back to the original notch! All your hard work and ingenuity removed for the sake of Centurion. ;) That is so cool to see, though.

Keep up the awesome work!

Edited by Sentry71
  • Like 2

I'm late to the party... my cycle apparently needed gas. :D

Awesome news about the weight drop - and having to go back to the original notch! All your hard work and ingenuity removed for the sake of Centurion. ;) That is so cool to see, though.

Keep up the awesome work!

Thanks mate!

• Like 1

With a new revision of the Notch on the Kidney Plate CRL, I want to help promote awareness of the change coming down the line.

a389e56aa6eb2c56b435ad09c095b610.jpg

• Like 4

With a new revision of the Notch on the Kidney Plate CRL, I want to help promote awareness of the change coming down the line.

a389e56aa6eb2c56b435ad09c095b610.jpg

So the notch needs to align with the forward edge of your butt plate. Thanks, I caught wind of a change happening, didn't know what it was till now though.

Sent from my SM-J100Y using Tapatalk

So the notch needs to align with the forward edge of your butt plate. Thanks, I caught wind of a change happening, didn't know what it was till now though.

Yeah that's how it looks. I think the rule of thumb is to discount any shims added and line up the two. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Like 3

It is still be worked into the CRL as Tim mentioned in the June 2016 Newsletter. So until the powers that be give the "go" - it is unofficial.

June 2016 Newsletter

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ewhitearmor%2Enet%2Fforum%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F37520-June-2016-Newsletter&share_tid=37520&share_fid=44557&share_type=t

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1

It is still be worked into the CRL as Tim mentioned in the June 2016 Newsletter. So until the powers that be give notice - it is unofficial.

Butt........will be.....play on words!?!?!
  • Like 2

Yeah that's how it looks. I think the rule of thumb is to discount any shims added and line up the two. Correct me if I'm wrong.

From my understanding that is correct mate!

• Like 2

In the pic up there, mine is inline with photo "A" I really want to get my EIB submitted, I just haven't had the time to get kitted up and take pictures. I still haven't taken my pics for my TIE reserve kit (our XO is getting annoyed as I would be the last one needed to have a TIE flight, which needs minimum 10 members)

• Like 1

It is still be worked into the CRL as Tim mentioned in the June 2016 Newsletter. So until the powers that be give the "go" - it is unofficial.

June 2016 Newsletterhttps://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.whitearmor.net%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3F%2Ftopic%2F37520-June-2016-Newsletter&share_tid=37520&share_fid=44557&share_type=t

Ah so this is a new change. I thought something was different with this diagram. So does this mean the 22x22 doesn't apply anymore? and instead it's whatever it takes for the notch to line up with the front of the butt plate? Edited by spyder918
  • Like 1