My AM2.0 build

My box is supposed to ship out Tuesday or Wednesday this week. He had a bad delay with the black kits which set our white kits way behind. This is what I will be using for trooping I pick it up tonight.

RLH2515

Yeah I plan on helmet last most definitely

RLH2515

I got bored trimming my kit. So I moved onto the helmet which i finished on sunday. I was really anxiuos, but thought I'm gonna have to do it at some point so jumped in I really enjoyed it. Now back to more trimming!

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

9ec41e8c3a0042d4e6df44cae314291d.jpg ok so I'm starting with my biceps. I'd think I can take most all of the return edge off the bottom of both halves. That should make sizing easier. Also should the curved piece be at the bottom of you bicep?

RLH2515

So I've seen a 5mm return top and bottom of bicep. But the top is mostly under the shoulder bell. No rush here just waking on some advise.

RLH2515

So I've seen a 5mm return top and bottom of bicep. But the top is mostly under the shoulder bell. No rush here just waking on some advise.

RLH2515

Have a look at Tony's walk through mate. Its ANH, but

it is an AM1.0 Build so should help for reference

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/31920-ukswrath's-AM-1.0,-ATA-bucket-build

Marc

Edited by CTID

Yeah I've been searching and looking for months now. But everything went fuzzy when it's actually in my hand lol. Like I don't want to mess this up !

RLH2515

Yeah I've been searching and looking for months now. But everything went fuzzy when it's actually in my hand lol. Like I don't want to mess this up !

RLH2515

Hahaha! I know exactly what you mean!

Each part I'm working on I try and find a thread and re-read the bit I'm working on. A mishap or error can be an expensive one

Marc

3a696cbed5f5dcdcb6fee9c369df9fa3.jpg7681050e68c0077801192ca3188eba05.jpge4d107160e3ebc515a7ebd7a7245fc28.jpg0baec6cf39fa802fe3540ba5f145f575.jpg ok my questions for the day. Does the left arm have 11 buttons and the right have 12 for the forearm? Is it normal that the right has more of a curve on the inside piece and the left is more round shaped? Can i cut most of the excess off one side or is the norm to split the difference? Thanks I ask a lot of questions lol.

RLH2515

No matter how many posts I look at my armor doesn't look like any of the others. One forearm has a nice bend on inside piece where as the other has more of a round shape. Any one else have this problem with am 2.0 ?

RLH2515

I had the same thing. Looking at screencaps though, it seems some costumes had both arms with a bend on the inside, some, only one. I ended up cutting a U shape into the straight forearm piece, for asymmetry and moveability.

I did a ton of research before my build and it seems most of it was useless when I actually got my kit. I had to do things I saw no one else do, or what someone else did, did not work for me at all. My biggest help was using actual screen caps from the movie. I found there's actually a lot of contradictory "evidence" on these forums (such as the button count on the forearms). Although, I didn't make a build thread, so I'm sure your experience will be a lot different.

Edited by zemzero

Once I get and idea of how to cut this back I'll be good. Most other armor builders have that edge they go by to cut back to. It's not there with this so I guess I'll be winging it.

RLH2515

3a696cbed5f5dcdcb6fee9c369df9fa3.jpg7681050e68c0077801192ca3188eba05.jpge4d107160e3ebc515a7ebd7a7245fc28.jpg0baec6cf39fa802fe3540ba5f145f575.jpg ok my questions for the day. Does the left arm have 11 buttons and the right have 12 for the forearm? Is it normal that the right has more of a curve on the inside piece and the left is more round shaped? Can i cut most of the excess off one side or is the norm to split the difference? Thanks I ask a lot of questions lol.

RLH2515

Id trim the same off both sides. 11 dimples om the left arm
  • Like 1