My AM2.0 build

Well today I got some things in the mail. My belt, gloves, holster, and neck seal. My bbb isn't due to the end of June. So I'm compiling all my materials so when it arrives I can have at it. More to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it nylon or elastic that actually holds armor together getting some more supplies this weekend.

Can't believe I have been to a lot of places in Maryland and just can't find the elastic or nylon I need. Ocean city not..... my home in Dundalk not.....Not sure where my path takes me but hope it leads to what I need. I did find a good deal on my top and pants at the outlets in Ocean City happy about that.

Edited by RLH2515

Nylon and elastic will be used all over the build. 

Amazon is your friend. You can also check out this guy's site http://www.zackwhite.com/Webbing_c_506.html. He also has snaps that are just as good as Tandy Leather's at a fraction of the cost (100 pack for $13). Or you can browse Tandy Leather's website. 

Oh yeah I have over 100 snaps and enough elastic I still need the paint, some extra abs for cover strips, helmet decals and I need more nylon. Other then that I'm ready

Is it nylon or elastic that actually holds armor together getting some more supplies this weekend.

It depends on your preference really. I'm just getting ready for my second build. Like you I'm sourcing materials ahead of my armours arrival. I went with mainly using elastic on my last one but feel that webbing is a better option (for me) on the next build. Going for webbing on the torso and elastic on the arms and legs. Good luck, enjoy, and if ever there's a question just ask, loads of people will chime in to help out!

Can't believe I have been to a lot of places in Maryland and just can't find the elastic or nylon I need. Ocean city not..... my home in Dundalk not.....Not sure where my path takes me but hope it leads to what I need. I did find a good deal on my top and pants at the outlets in Ocean City happy about that.

Ebay is good for items like this. Anything specific though is best to ask the forum

Oh yeah I have over 100 snaps and enough elastic I still need the paint, some extra abs for cover strips, helmet decals and I need more nylon. Other then that I'm ready

You will probably find that you won't need to order any. You should have enough excess abs from trimming ..... happy days!
  • Like 1

9eb89361022f33bc0524ecdde001e83a.jpg Got my paint and brushes today. I'm using the traditional darker blue color, gloss black and gloss grey 1.79$ a piece at Michaels craft store. Got some tiny brushes also 1.99$ a piece.

RLH2515

Edited by RLH2515

dd382d1d82d4b0fb1023dbdde6795d30.jpg easy enough. 3/16 hole 1/2" in on both sides of a 2" mark. Makes lining everything up easy I think. We will use this later for the elastic that will actually connect the plates made today.

5a4d42e518bd13563f43e57e8385d13b.jpg84c02677b56a4ddbf685f82456ba5c32.jpg Then I went snap making crazy. The little kit was like 8 bucks I think and worked great. Don't have to hit them to hard and the tool provided flares them perfectly.

RLH2515

• Like 1

bf83b8d021a33c0a4ce1ebca2f2a75b5.jpg trooperbay is the bomb digity. I ordered on Friday and here today. West coast to east coast super quick. I highly recommend them highly !

RLH2515

Edited by RLH2515

e34caea70b06797115e0d918230de459.jpg529106a866eef5141a1916f28d2be2e6.jpg And since I had a old fanny pack laying around I cut the buckle off. With 40' of webbing and the double cap rivets for the ammo knee we make my belt for the thighs.

RLH2515

• 4 weeks later...

The wait is killing me. At least we got a update that the boxes will ship second week this month. Score !!!!

RLH2515

• 5 weeks later...