TRamp - Stormtrooper Audio Solution

Hey all,

It's about time I shared what I've been working on with fellow Troopers, so may I introduce TRamp.

TRamp (short for Trooper Amp, and pronounced "tramp") is a fully integrated audio system for voice amplification and audio authenticity during troops or costume events. It uses a wireless microphone that can be installed directly into your lid and the receiver plugs into a modified amplifier (the heart of TRamp) that can be placed anywhere in your costume. No more having to tape microphones to your face and run wires through your suits!

Some of TRamp's key features:

. Can be fitted directly into your lid 

. On board 15 watt stereo amplifier for voice and sound effects

. Integrated static bursts after speech (optional switch can be fitted to mute this feature) 

. On board sound loops, no need for external mp3 players (optional)

. Fully customisable sound files

. Personal greeting during power on cycle (your TK number for example) if requested

. Recharge from any USB port (no need for large expensive chargers or extra batteries)

TRamp comes with everything you need, and some bits you probably don't!

1 x Standard Mic on cable

1 x Headset Mic on cable

1 x male to male extension cable

1 x USB charging cable for TRamp unit

1 x TRamp converted 15 watt amplifier

1 x TRamp sticker

1 x hanging strap

1 x Wireless mic on boom

1 x Wireless mic receiver plug

1 x USB charging cable

1 x Mic head bar

All this for the princely sum of £190 GBP including shipping.

We are now taking orders, so head on over to https://www.facebook.com/trooperamp/, read the reviews and see what all the fuss is about!

Want to order? PM me through the message button on the TRamp Facebook page.

---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 1

EDIT: my bad, looks like you guys added all the functions of something like the icomm right into this amp! Am I right?

I have to ask...

What's modified in this amp that's bundled with your kit? Looks identical to this "New Online N74" amplifier (with the same branding):

http://www.amazon.com/Waistband-Teacher-Amplifier-Portable-Microphone/dp/B007OPYGB8

And the wireless mic also looks the same as one of those Chinese brands:

http://www.amazon.com/Tomlov-Wireless-Microphone-Headset-Receiver/dp/B01DNJKUI6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Edited by Bobo

EDIT: my bad, looks like you guys added all the functions of something like the icomm right into this amp! Am I right?

I have to ask...

What's modified in this amp that's bundled with your kit? Looks identical to this "New Online N74" amplifier (with the same branding):

http://www.amazon.com/Waistband-Teacher-Amplifier-Portable-Microphone/dp/B007OPYGB8

And the wireless mic also looks the same as one of those Chinese brands:

http://www.amazon.com/Tomlov-Wireless-Microphone-Headset-Receiver/dp/B01DNJKUI6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

No problem asking mate...

TRamp is based on some off the shelf units, but these have been heavily modified internally.

Edited by pwhitrow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got to see one of these when I was at RS Prop Masters last Saturday, Rob wanted to compare it to my Aker 1505 and my eBay £15 wireless mic, all identical, but this has the added static burst (toggle switch to turn on/off) and the tk chatter (small tactile latch switch for on/off) all built into the Aker...

Works pretty well, the chatter is louder than your voice but as I doubt you'd be using both at the same time it shouldn't be an issue...

The mic on it paired to my reciever but we couldn't try them both together close range as my mic wasn't charged...

I guess out of all the voice units you can buy this is the simplest to use as its all in one, only criticism is it's non adjustable as far as I could tell...

You may want to get a right angled 3.5mm Jack converter so you can velcro the receiver to the side of the Aker instead of it being a bit awkward sticking out the top, as far as I see I would mount it in the chest sideways with the buttons pointing out for ease of access and if the receiver was in the top that wouldn't be possible, just my observation and input...

the force? oh I'll use the force, bring me a hammer...

Edited by AWOL

Man, where do I start with this thing? Relieved mine in the mail today? I guess we can start there lol. Put simply this is (imo) the best bang for your buck. The unit itself is LOUD, so you won't have problems being heard, even JUST after the "on" position on the volume control knob it's loud. Everything is in one place. So no using a separate unit for static burst. It comes with a toggle switch for the static burst on the unit itself so it's really just up to the user. I will say the amp is a bit bigger than I had anticipated, however that's not a bad thing. In my honest opinion this is without a doubt the best thing out there for someone that doesn't want the hassle of two separate units. The customer service with this is THROUGH THE ROOF! I seriously can't say enough good things about it. When sending a message with a question I didn't wait long at all until I got a response. I love this thing. Everything works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello - I am setting up my new Storm Trooper outfit next week and wanted to know how I can about purchasing this unit?  I do not use Facebook.  How long before you can ship to the US?  I am also trying to get a hold of the Chatter MP3 download.  I can't seem to find it in any other place than the 501st, which I can not join yet because my outfit is not complete.  Please let me know.  Best Ed

• 3 weeks later...

I already bought my TRAMP but I was wondering if I got a throat mic would it fit nice? im gonna be getting a revan suit and don't know if the mic and boom would fit against my face lol

Hey bud, I'm really not sure as I haven't tried one. Would be interested to know how you get on though.

• 2 weeks later...

Question for TRamp users. Have you used Velcro to the chest or do you use the strap for the amp ?

Velcro to chest for me

• Like 1

Yeah was asking cause the devise that sticks out the top makes it to where I believe going sideways will work best. First troop coming up and that's my last to do :-)