Rogue One Shoretrooper

Umaguma

Now we know that the Shoretroopers are not the ones in the Tank. So I would assume the new 'Tanktrooper' will be in the Armored Cavalry Detachment. 

Makes sense since the US Army has tankers in cavalry units. But going by that reasoning, scout troopers would also be in the detachment too. 

Source: I spent 8 years in an airborne cavalry squadron

• Like 1

They will be in SpecOps as they are white armor variants. For sure not in BSN. Only reason they'd be in ACD if they truly are tank drivers or crew, not mobile infantry. However the illustration makes them look more like updated analogs of Galactic Marines. Since SpecOps handles white armor variants, and they have white armor (TK) parts, my money is on SpecOps. The tank commander will also be most likely in SpecOps. ACD has no hard armor costumes. Clone armor drivers and even pilots are in CTN as they are clone armor troops, not ACD nor JRS.

IOW, the armor goes with the detachment that best supports it, not the detachment based on job role in absolute terms.

• Like 1

BTW, can someone confirm if the R-O tk is assymetrical?

donnie-yen.jpg?itok=Dzs5ofyM

I've been looking closely at the helmet, the mic tips are clearly off-set, the vocoder seems to line a tad to the left looking straight on, and some o the tube stripes aren't evenly spaced...

I think we can confirm it's assymetrical....

Maybe instead of 3D modelled, the designer went with hand-sculpting...

Sorry to hijack thread... but atleast you get a good look at the shore-trooper... :P

BTW, can we make a thread for details of the rogue one tk's?

Edited by GandalfTheImperial

ACD has no hard armor costumes. Clone armor drivers and even pilots are in CTN as they are clone armor troops, not ACD nor JRS.

With exception of the AT-RT Driver (considered a Clone & very Hard Armour).  ;)

I don't know if you'd call the AT-AT Driver a 'Hard Armour' costume, but it sure isn't a soft one, trust me.  :)

Now we know that the Shoretroopers are not the ones in the Tank. So I would assume the new 'Tanktrooper' will be in the Armored Cavalry Detachment. 

That's what we're hoping.  :)

Makes sense since the US Army has tankers in cavalry units. But going by that reasoning, scout troopers would also be in the detachment too. 

Yeah the Pathfinder Detachment & the Armored Cavalry are actually quite similar....

The ACD has a history of having characters that Drive/Command vehicles that are 'Armored', hence the name & logo reference to the 3rd armored division.

Yeah you could say the Scouts (riding thier Bikes with Blasters on it) fit in that category too... But on the flip side to that, you could say that the AT-AT's are also Pathfinders. 

Where will the 'Tank Commander' guy go... It'll be, what it'll be.  ;)

Edited by Ian P
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm definitely excited about the Shore Troopers. I hope someone is doing the armor. SGB is already working on the helmet.

Is he taking names?