Rogue One Shoretrooper

Umaguma

The weekly Star Wars Show on Youtube revealed the official name of the Biker Scout-looking troopers and they are called "Shoretroopers."

I think they look awesome and I can't wait to see more. They'll likely fall under the Pathfinder Detachment, right?

post-22765-0-21207100-1464209084_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I was wondering where they'll end up as well.
No armour on the thighs, but armoured shins (with overbuilt TK left shins and sniper plate, no less) and forearms. It looks like the ab area is armoured as well.
I imagine there will be a little squabbling over which detachment lands these guys.

I really want to do one as a lighter/more flexible option to my TD.

I hope the boots are both not rubbish and easily accessible/convertable.

Do you think these are the troopers that can be seen riding the tank looking thing in the trailer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bmth chris

Do you think these are the troopers that can be seen riding the tank looking thing in the trailer?

I don't think so. The tank drivers have a different helmet.

Shoretrooper has to be one of the lamest names they've ever came up with. Might as well called it a beachtrooper. very disappointed with the name.

such a cool looking new Trooper, such a lame name.

Yes, it's so much less creative than the likes of Snowtrooper, Sandtrooper, Magmatrooper, Spacetrooper and the ever enigmatic Seatrooper.

• Like 3

Shoretrooper has to be one of the lamest names they've ever came up with. Might as well called it a beachtrooper. very disappointed with the name.

such a cool looking new Trooper, such a lame name.

Shore. As in shoring up defenses. We can nickname them bastions, or rooks.

Or the Beach Boys.

• Like 4

Yes, it's so much less creative than the likes of Snowtrooper, Sandtrooper, Magmatrooper, Spacetrooper and the ever enigmatic Seatrooper.

Don't forget Swamptroopers and perhaps the best one of all, Radtrooper! their totally radical!

Atleast Space and Sea aren't canon anymore, and maybe Magma. Well the old RPG book version of Magmatroopers anyhow. I guess Battlefront's may be. Snowtroopers and Sandtroopers are never called by name in the movies, So we can assume they could just be slang. But they do atleast make a degree of sense in a way. The name implies a specialization in certain environments. But Shore ? Not so much. I assume maybe they were going for a Marine Corps type of analogy for a specialized first wave assault trooper. But then Stormtroopers are already the Marine Corps of the Empire. Well that is if the Imperial Army still exists in the new canon otherwise the Storm Corps is it for Imperial ground forces.

I'm sure it'll make more sense to me once I see the movie, but until then I'm not really liking the name. But I do like the Troopers.

edit: Well I was wrong, Seatroopers are canon again. They make an appearance in one of the tie-in novels for the Star Wars Rebels cartoon. I guess they're not called Aquatic troopers anymore either. I kinda liked that, atleast better than Seatrooper lol.

Edited by Vatta

This looks like a nice alternative to a scout that most guys choose when they are tired of TK/TD's limited mobility. I wouldn't mind doing one of these for an alt summer costume but I still have my hopes on doing a Snowtrooper to use in these NY winters. 

We'll have to wait and see. but this does not look like any kind of trooper that would fit in at FISD, IMHO.

That's what I thought, not white enough :P but who knows, there seem to be several pieces of armour on it that are very similar to the TK!

Oh boy, do i want to sculpt that...

Brb, buying heaps of plaster and fiber-glass :P

Number one on kit orders? ;)

In all seriousness there are four dets this could reasonably go to, FISD, Pathfinders, Spec ops, and the outlier MEPD.

So far, the Pathfinder det is split as to whther they want it, spec ops don't have it on their radar (they're all excited about the death troopers), MEPD seem happy to stay at one CRL if you follow their threads, which leaves FISD and Pathfinders as the main candidates. It will be an interesting few months, and hopefully we get some good photos of the armour soon!

That's what I thought, not white enough :P but who knows, there seem to be several pieces of armour on it that are very similar to the TK!

In the same way Bounty Hunter Dengar wears several TK parts? Doesn't make him a TK ;)

• Like 1

In the trailer these guys were sitting in a tank, so im assuming it wont fall under path finder

They. Were. Not. Sitting. In. The. Tank. 

They have a completely different colour scheme and different, although similar helmets.

• Like 1

Number one on kit orders? ;)

In all seriousness there are four dets this could reasonably go to, FISD, Pathfinders, Spec ops, and the outlier MEPD.

So far, the Pathfinder det is split as to whther they want it, spec ops don't have it on their radar (they're all excited about the death troopers), MEPD seem happy to stay at one CRL if you follow their threads, which leaves FISD and Pathfinders as the main candidates. It will be an interesting few months, and hopefully we get some good photos of the armour soon!

Unless they are on Mos Eisley, they won't be on the detachment :( 

I've already had a discussion on MEPD on trying to claim ownership to the "heavy weapons troopers" on Rogue One. 

• Like 2

Unless they are on Mos Eisley, they won't be on the detachment :(

I've already had a discussion on MEPD on trying to claim ownership to the "heavy weapons troopers" on Rogue One. 

Really? Seems a bit secluded to Tatooine. :/

But take a look at this leaked LEGO for RO.

Y3B4OBe.png

OHcc6rR.jpg