Thinking about a real Sterling build

TKLee

Hey guys,

So after a long break ive decided to get back into making my lifesize Trooper dream a reality. Im hopefully going to get a real de-activated sterling MK4 L2A3, and ive been offered one for £240 - however, that price only stands if I can buy all 3 so I might have to bite the bullet (no pun intended)

Basically id like to know how much work is there in attaching all the extras - counter, scope,rail etc as I don't want to butcher the damn thing. Im ok with a drill, and cutting but id like to know how much is involved. Also,has anyone ever used resin parts on real sterling to make it that little more financially viable??

Cheers

Lee

Also, real scope and counter cost more each than you'd pay for the Stirling if you go for the correct ones... if I were you I'd put the money into things you can use 1st and then once you've got everything for trooping then plunge for the display items...

As for work, the only damage/alteration you need to do to the Stirling itself is cut down the mag, the rest can be put on/taken off with no modifications...

the force? oh I'll use the force, bring me a hammer...

I've been dreaming of a real Sterling build, too! I think buying in UK currency and shipping would likely make it prohibitively expensive, though, so unless I stumble across a deal on this side of the pond...

Hi chaps,<br><br>

Not a member of the 501st etc so dont troop, but Stormtroopers are my favorite character and its something ive always dreamed of.<br><br>

Good news is that i have a Sterling :) started to strip the wrinkle finish paint but i do intend on leaving some of the harder to remove layers. I want it to look used and i think that will add to the overall effect,i just dont get on with the clean and tidy look.<br><br>

Lee

I've been dreaming of a real Sterling build, too! I think buying in UK currency and shipping would likely make it prohibitively expensive, though, so unless I stumble across a deal on this side of the pond...

You don't want to get this from UK if you are in US, it is against the law. Get one locally, demilled by your state laws.