New Ebay Armor-now under £160!

TKLee

Ive seen this new armor pop up and its now under £160. I never thought id see the day. Ok, its fiberglass and not accurate but surely a good start for someone looking to build a budget TK for display. I know you accuracy nuts wont be giddy over it, but from what I know it isn't a recast either.

post-1017-0-60873000-1463859278_thumb.jpg

Ive seen this new armor pop up and its now under £160. I never thought id see the day. Ok, its fiberglass and not accurate but surely a good start for someone looking to build a budget TK for display. I know you accuracy nuts wont be giddy over it, but from what I know it isn't a recast either.

Hi Lee.

This guy puts lots of these kits up for sale.

The price is good, but there will be a lot to do to get this cleared. Im by no means an expert, but from what I've seen of these kits they seem like FX kits.

The lid (as my understanding) would not get cleared so you are looking at dishing out at least another £120 or so taking it pretty much upto the £300 mark.

I had an FX build which I was working on to get cleared, but it got to the point where I realised that I was sinking more and more cash into it that I could just give it my son and start saving for a better kit.

My WIP below:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/35382-Shhhh-a-quiet-fx-rebuild

Am still saving, but in the meantime I am stocking up on all the other bits that I will need for my build. Such as strapping, elastic, poppers etc and working on the prep whilst I get the cash together.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/37001-Snaps-elastic-and-all-the-other-bits!

Im not trying to put you off mate, but I made the mistake of buying a cheaper kit and regretted it. And I don't want to see anyone make the same mistake as I did and feel the same. I honestly believe that what you will spend getting it to standard in the long term, you could get a more authentic kit which would take less work to get cleared.

Good look, and look forward to see your WIP mate.

Are you in the UK?

Hi bud,<br><br>

Im in Luton :)<br><br>

Im not looking to troop in it,i just want a lifesize trooper for display. Its something i always dreamed of back in the day and its gonna happen. Regarding the helmet, i already have that ready and i think the FX lids are hideous :)

This is not the kit you're looking for... move along.  move along.

Armor is very important. if you want to look better than this pile of junk you need a better kit.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

This is not the kit you're looking for... move along.  move along.

Armor is very important. if you want to look better than this pile of junk you need a better kit.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

This^^ :duim:

• 4 weeks later...

Oh well, it was too good to be true. Ive got one very upset 8 year old lad here. We were going to build this together and set it up at his party at months end - but its not going to happen as seller hasn't responded to emails, ebay resolution or anything. Ive even tried calling him with hie ebay registered number. What annoys me even more is that he is still selling under the username Atlantic highway (it must be him because its In the same town ) and each set is listed as VCM...( Ebay account I bought it from was Vipercustommoulding) so it isn't rocket science.

Im not in the position to spend too much on a suit at present so this was just going to be a display piece really, but another dream shatted I suppose. I think I feel more sorry for my little lad. He has been telling all of his mates he is getting a lifesize trooper to.. :(

So please don't roast me - I just wanted to treat him and seeing as though he has sold loads I thought it was good.

I agree with the rest, save up and get your armor from a reputable seller, not on eBay.

Check with your garrison too. I bought my TK and Shadowtrooper kits from mine, so i know they're legit.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Edited by Strength