Sign in to follow this  
cjdesign

Man arrested for dressing as Stormtrooper in Ga. town

the picture in the news story looks *really* familiar...please tell me hes not a member...or hes due for a code red.  omfg.  "for hire" ?

When you take this hobby out and just parade around out of context to any Star Wars celebration or event you are just asking for trouble. Our members hopefully know better. This guy had been arrested before and he did it a second time? He's asking for trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by russellr2d2
  • Like 1

Do a search on the name listed in the article, he is a member of the forums here.

I don't see any indication though that he actually made it into the 501st...

• Like 2

Georgia Garrison command is aware of this. The individual is not a 501st member.

• Like 1

We got a 5150 here! Two times and he still doesn't know it's wrong! "For Hire", that's funny. I recommend we put his picture up at the Imperial Post Office.

• Like 3

Such a strange situation. I wonder what his reason for not getting into the 501st is

Isn't anyone else bothered by a state law that forbids wearing masks?

Next thing it will be music! (Footloose)

• Like 1

Isn't anyone else bothered by a state law that forbids wearing masks?

Next thing it will be music! (Footloose)

I believe that the one of the main reasons for arrest was that he refused to put the gun down and just ignored the officer and started to walk away. Bad idea mate. Whenever an officer asks you to put down the weapon. You better do so. And the best way to avoid this is by going to proper troops set up by your garrison. Be safe, think first, respect others, and have fun. :)
  • Like 2

I believe that the one of the main reasons for arrest was that he refused to put the gun down and just ignored the officer and started to walk away. Bad idea mate. Whenever an officer asks you to put down the weapon. You better do so. And the best way to avoid this is by going to proper troops set up by your garrison. Be safe, think first, respect others, and have fun. :)

Good advice. It's easy to avoid cops and other riffraff  just by sticking together at only official events. Spotters help too. It could be that the guy didn't hear the officers order to "drop the weapon". I'm glad that it didn't end in death.

• Like 1

It wont let me quote on this computer for some odd reason, but Syvlerbard I also swore I had seen that picture from the article before as well. The photo's are up here in some thread he had started.

• Like 1

Well, being arrested certainly prohibits him from joining the 501st now. Dumbass. I really want to add " and stop pissing off police" to his thread.

Disney needs to slap him down, hard. " Stormtrooper for hire?"

Tell me hes not active army. Please.

Well, being arrested certainly prohibits him from joining the 501st now. Dumbass. I really want to add " and stop pissing off police" to his thread.

Disney needs to slap him down, hard. " Stormtrooper for hire?"

Tell me hes not active army. Please.

Being convicted of a felony prohibits one from joining. He wasn't charged. It looks bad, but news isn't trustworthy either.

He was released on bond this last time and has a court date.

He didn't sound like the brightest bulb of the bunch but then again neither did his neighbors. It's not very smart to suit up, carry a blaster and walk around on your own but what kind of person calls the cops on stormtrooper?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

He was released on bond this last time and has a court date.

But no felony. 

The biggest mistake the guy made, was not what he did, but where he did it. 

Ah i thought failing to obey police was a felony. Its different in canada.

He didn't sound like the brightest bulb of the bunch but then again neither did his neighbors. It's not very smart to suit up, carry a blaster and walk around on your own but what kind of person calls the cops on stormtrooper?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rebels.
  • Like 2

Don't know why the Police were worried about a Stormtrooper and his weapon. Not like he's going to hit anything!

All joking aside, although my kit isn't quite done, I won't dare go anywhere without a buddy or even suit up for no particular reason. Especially in GA! I lived in GA and NC for several years with the Army. The weather can be pretty miserable when in shorts and Tshirt, wearing armor in that heat.... Buckets off to ALL the Southern Garrison members for tolerating that!

Jim

We also don't use the terms felony or misdemeanor here either :P

True. I guess canadians are never restricted to membership then...